Senior Property Accountant
Company: LMC, A Lennar Company
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Overview Our Company:Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a
wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real
estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio
of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the
US. - Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC owns and
manages over 100 communities across the US that exceeds 41,600
homes and $15.3 Billion in development costs and consists of
high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments. Responsibilities Summary
of Position:Responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager and/or
Division Controller in all financial reporting and accounting
related services required by corporate accounting. Helps with month
end close for the division and a portfolio of assets in joint
ventures. Prepare reports for internal and external customers,
including financial institutions and joint ventures. Assist with
division business plan and projections and perform various
analytical functions.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting the timelines in the monthly financial
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Ensures accuracy of entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages
including joint venture reports.
- Enter and review the proper recording, maintenance, and update
of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and
transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan
- Draft capital calls to joint venture partners based on the cash
needs of the venture.
- Prepare or review joint venture construction loan draws.
- Help coordinate and prepare schedules for annual joint venture
audits and tax returns.
- Assists with budget preparation and prepares monthly budget
- Assists in the preparation of division forecast and annual
- Coordinates with tax consultant on property taxes, sales, and
use taxes, and appeals.
- Document and evaluate internal controls.
- Assist with the division's adherence to corporate policies and
procedures. Qualifications Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or related field is required.
- Experience with joint venture accounting is preferred.
- Experience with public accounting is preferred.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Progressive accounting experience required.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Be a proven team player and leader who can work quickly,
accurately, and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks
- Organizational skills required; meeting deadlines in a timely
- Strong analytical skills.Physical Requirements:This is
primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to
work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of
an office. - Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift,
and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. - Finger dexterity
in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. - Office work
requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of
time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. -
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours
per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.This description outlines the
basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted.
This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the
Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at
any time with or without notice.#CB #EG Type Regular Full-Time
Keywords: LMC, A Lennar Company, Irving , Senior Property Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!