Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: January 15, 2022
AutoReqId: 13882BRLine Of Business: Corporate Administration
(SSC, IT, Employee Services, Etc.)Department: FinancePrimary
Location: Irving-TXPay Class: Salaried ExemptJob Posting:The Role
and the CompanyLehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of
cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have
hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the
United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement
Group, one of the world's largest building materials companies.The
Staff Accountant role is based in Irving, Texas and reports
directly to the Sr. Accounting Manager.What you'll get to do
- Financial and operational transaction processing in General
- Closing General ledgers each month.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the Shared Service Center's functional areas
and regional operations to research and reconcile items.
- Prepare and distribute reports and provide analysis/support as
needed, as well as ad hoc projects.
- Respond to questions and issues and communicate responses to
operations and other functional areas.
- Work closely with other departments, Region leaders, and local
operations to administer standard business processes and implement
shared services in North America.Essential Experience and Skills
- 2-5 years of Accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines, and working
collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, detail orientation,
organizational, and Excel skills.
- Relevant internships or work experience with transferrable
- Commitment and passion for the work and the cyclical nature of
activities required of an Accountant.Preferred Experience and
- Proven experience collaborating with and building the
capability of less experienced colleagues.
- Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and
- Strong tactical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Organizational influence with strong interpersonal and
communication skills.What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching
contributionsIND123\#LI-JR1Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity
Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Irving , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!