Patient Financial Representative Senior - Cash Unapplied
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionSummary:The associate is responsible for the duties
and services that are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle
division of CHRISTUS Health. The associate ensures that all
processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner. The
primary purpose of these positions is to ensure account resolution
and reconciliation of outstanding balances for CHRISTUS Health
patient accounts. The position works in a cooperative team
environment to provide value to internal and external customers.
The associate carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest
standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest
of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission,
Philosophy and core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion,
Excellence and Stewardship.
- Performs Revenue Cycle functions in a manner that meets or
exceeds CHRISTUS Health key performance metrics.
- Ensures PFS departmental quality and productivity standards are
- Collects and provides patient and payor information to
facilitate account resolution.
- Responds to all types of account inquires through written,
verbal or electronic correspondence.
- Maintains payor specific knowledge of insurance and self-pay
billing and follow up guidelines and regulations for third-party
payers. Maintains working knowledge of all functions within Revenue
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal
communication with both internal and external customers in order to
resolve outstanding for account resolution.
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations and requirements, and
gains customer trust and respect.
- Compliant with all CHRISTUS Health, payer and government
- Exhibits a strong working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10
coding regulations and guidelines.
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other
systems utilized by PFS in accordance with policy and
- Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership
Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities
affecting productivity, reimbursement and/or payment delaysCash
- Ensures all payments are retrieved and posted accurately and
timely through reconciliation of patient accounting system and bank
- Researches submitted cash payments by verifying patient account
numbers and appropriate facility.
- Monitor and performs cash reconciliation to identify cash
posting errors and ensures all receipts are applied and reconciles
to daily bank deposit and monthly bank statements.
- Review and post cash corrections, to include resolving patient
complaints and inquiries from PFS, Finance, Facilities, and Vendor
- Resolve and Research unapplied cash, to include continuous
follow-up until payment identification is made for application of
payment or refund.Requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Prefer minimum of 2 years experience with insurance billing,
collections, payment and reimbursement verification and/or
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication
- Experience working within a multi-facility hospital business
office environment preferred.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience
and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered
in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Experience working with inpatient and outpatient billing
requirements of UB-04 and HCFA 1500 billing forms preferred.Work
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Patient Financial Representative Senior - Cash Unapplied, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!