Fixed Asset Staff Accountant
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: May 16, 2022
AutoReqId: 15420BRLine Of Business: Corporate Administration
(SSC, IT, Employee Services, Etc.)Department: FinancePrimary
Location: Irving-TXPay Class: Salaried ExemptJob Posting:WE GIVE
DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANINGYou experience our products every
day, though you may not recognize our name. That's OK. We're
focused on being great, not especially flashy.We're Lehigh Hanson.
Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold
thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles.
We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the
U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of
cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related
construction materials.HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DOThe position of
Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible for transaction accounting of
the Regions and Corporate locations. The position will analyze and
maintain a complete and accurate sub-ledger for a portfolio of
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledgers for portfolio of locations
including month end closing responsibilities.
- Process fixed asset transactions in JD Edwards and SAP for
asset acquisitions, disposals, and transfers
- Identify process improvement opportunities as it relates to
- Foster excellent customer relationships Regional operating
- Monitor Construction-In-Progress (CIP) to ensure that open CIP
projects are capitalized into the asset accounts on a timely basis
to prevent out-of-period depreciation
- Support external/internal Audit requestsThis position will be
based at our corporate office in Irving, Texas. Our corporate
office supports the Lehigh Hanson plants in North America and
offers highly competitive benefits with no waiting period to
participate in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan
with an automatic company contribution as well as matching
contributions. Amenities include a free fitness center, free
covered parking, and on-site cafe and coffee bar. We also offer
"Dress for Your Day" which gives our employees the discretion to
select appropriate dress depending on the business activities of
each workday.HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 2 - 5 years accounting experience required.
- Understanding of IFRS Lease accounting fundamentals and
principles is a plus
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines, and working
collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Solid Excel skills
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention
to detailsBRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE
OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!We're a tight knit team. While we strive to
be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible
and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We
invite you to add to it.IND123\#LI-DL1Employer Statement: Equal
Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Irving , Fixed Asset Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!