Senior AWS Cloud Adoption Engineer
Company: Princeton Information Ltd
Posted on: December 8, 2018
This is an exclientng opportunity to be part of our journey to the cloud and deliver solutions that will have impact at a global level and scale up to the size of Client. At Client you will be part of a large diverse and motivated team with great leadership support at the highest level.
This position is part of the Chief Technology Office (CTO) Development Platform and Infrastructure Management (DPIM) organization. We are looking for a highly driven leader to facilitate, advocate, drive and evangelize cloud adoption for Global Consumer Technology (GCT) applications and product lines in various regions and for various lines of businesses. This person will assist development teams in the accelerated adoption of cloud technologies (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon, Google Cloud etc.) and associated CI/CD tools & methodologies. This person should be able to leverage data driven insights, evolve and present necessary metrics that would help optimize Global Consumer Bank (GCB) CTO adaptability to Cloud platforms and improve the KPIs in line with strategic enterprise technology roadmaps and its philosophy. This person will also act as a tactical guide for the application teams to move to cloud.
* Provide tactical leadership for accelerated adoption of Cloud technologies for Consumer business.
* Be a technical SME and drive Client Cloud IaaS, PaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon, Google Cloud adoption/migrations/roll-outs.
* Promote adoption of highly scalable, well-conditioned Cloud architecture standards.
* Provide technical consulting services to Application Development teams to aid their consumption of Cloud services and ensure adherence to CI/CD pipeline patterns/standards.
* Support framework for Community of Practice, and assist launching a training pattern that includes tool kits, processes, skills/practices, and well as support for early adopter teams.
* Help establish learning framework and organization for DevOps transformation, including development of training modules for application teams.
* Create & continuously improve a new, more automated change management process based on the new practices and patterns needed for & enabled by automated Cloud-based continuous delivery.
* Partner with agile development teams to influence application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.
* Collaborate with architects, platform engineering, application managers, project managers, and infrastructure teams to drive emerging technology standards to industry best practices.
* Identify opportunities to optimize current cloud solutions and perform technical analysis and/or provide "hands on" technical support on an "as needed" basis, to troubleshoot problems related to poorly performing systems in the cloud.
* Prepare weekly status and management reports.
* At least 8 years of experience leading/managing in enterprise level IT projects.
* Experience with issues facing large scale server environments.
* Experience in architecture and support best practices in Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.
* Hands-on experience in open source technologies like, Docker, Git, SpringIO, NGINX, Tomcat
* Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS or Docker/Kubernetes
* Experience with API-M.
* Experience with micro-services.
* Experience working with additional virtualization technologies, VMware is preferred.
* Understanding of cloud application design principles such as 12 factor apps
* Broad knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Logstash, Splunk, etc.)
* Experience leading transition from legacy to cloud platforms and technologies including CI/CD/RLM.
* Automation, Orchestration, CI/CD, Development or DevOps background.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to provide "hands-on" technical support and analysis on as needed basis.
* Be detail oriented and deliverable focused.
* Sound issue resolution, judgment and influencing skills required.
* Excellent organizational, inter-personal, and project management skills.
* Hard working and self-motivated.
* Should be able to work effectively under pressure.
* Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities.
* Team player, willing to work extra hours, including weekends on an as needed basis with relatively short notice to meet deliverables and migration issues.
* Certification in cloud technologies.
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices. Our Commitment to Our Consultants As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible. Our Services Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career. Our Relationships Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one! - provided by Dice (CLOUD ) AND (AWS ) AND (DEVOPS ) AND (DOCKER OR GIT OR KUBERNETES )
Keywords: Princeton Information Ltd, Irving , Senior AWS Cloud Adoption Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!