Market Manager - Physician Practice Operations
Company: PM North Texas Division
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Supports PSG's Mission, Vision and Values, as well as demonstrates the company's Code of Conduct in all duties. The primary responsibilities of the Market Manager include oversight, leadership and general management of the market operations, financial performance, and budget. Includes strategic relations with hospital divisions and strategic involvement in acquisitions. The position requires moderate travel.
Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this position
• Assumes the overall operational responsibility for the business and clinical functions through administrative and clinical staff including providers, front desk, medical records, nursing, and ancillary services to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services of his or her assigned practices.
• Directs and manages projects for market including patient flow, patient satisfaction, practice volume, billing and collections, service utilization, coding, physician and staff training.
• Analyzes business and conduct audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Identifies practice and business development opportunities to increase practice market share.
• Develops, implements and monitors practice budgets including analyzing financial impact of changes and forecasts, and expenditures.
• Develops cost/benefit analyses of patient care services and equipment.
• Meets regularly with physicians to review financial performance and key practice indicators.
• Ensures effective, consistent implementation of all AR and collection guidelines.
• Oversees the daily/monthly expenditures, staffing and overtime hours.
• Ensures regulatory compliance.
• Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures in conjunction with Physician Services standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them.
• Oversees practice acquisition activities and market growth strategies.
• Work effectively with the physician recruiting function of HCA Physician Services and hospital liaisons to support the placement of qualified physicians in employed practices.
• Key participant in planning, budgets, new products and services, compliance and other physician practice issues.
• Serve as the integral link between HCA Physician Services and the end users to enhance the use and effectives of its products and services.
• Ensure that HCA Physician Services compliance, training and education, policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs.
• Maintain strictest confidentiality in areas of patient, employee and physician relations.
• Help prepare and participate in practice, facility, market and division MORs.
• Work effectively with sales and marketing to enhance growth initiatives.
• Commits to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by challenging others to excel and holding themselves and others accountable for achieving results.
• Demonstrates an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients.
• Responsible for implementing and tracking all quality initiatives.
• Recommends professional development for staff.
• Builds trust and acts with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
• Delivers information in a clear, concise and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
• Develops and strengthens collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA.
• Leads other to accomplish organizational goals and objectives; provides meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams and drive employee engagement.
• Actively participates in employee relations and performance issues, including employee and manager performance, evaluation, guidance and feedback.
• Counsels, disciplines and/or recommends termination of employees as required.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of increased patient satisfaction
• Practicing and adhering to the ""Code of Conduct"" philosophy and ""Mission and Value Statement""
• Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree in health or business administration
•5 years of experience in practice management of multiple locations
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Personal Characteristics:
• Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
• Knowledge of fiscal management and leadership management techniques.
• Knowledge of health care administration systems.
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
• Ability to provide leadership and management of multiple sites.
• Ability to use various computer systems and applications.
• Ability to plan, organize and supervise.
• Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, providers, patients and the public.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: PM North Texas Division, Irving , Market Manager - Physician Practice Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!