Compliance Assurance - NAM Regional and Global Consumer Banking Head,
Posted on: January 15, 2019
- Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Compliance Assurance (CA) group is a function within Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), which performs assessments of Citi's regulatory and compliance risks; performs independent testing of compliance with rules, laws, and regulations; and assists with the firm's responses to regulatory examinations and inquiries. The purpose of this role is to be a part of the leadership team of Compliance Assurance, and support the strategic development of the risk-based compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting methodologies, both globally and regionally.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, and delivery of the compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs; and supervisory oversight and vigilance over compliance assurance assessments for Citi's NAM region which includes the United States and Canada.
The Managing Director will also be responsible for the development, implementation, and delivery of the global compliance testing, monitoring, and reporting programs for Citi's Global Consumer Banking ("GCB") division. The GCB division is organized into three groups: Credit Cards, Retail Banking, and Consumer Banking. Citi's global regions include North America ("NAM"), Europe, the Middle East, and Africa ("EMEA"), Asia Pacific ("APAC"), Latin America ("LATAM"), Japan, and Mexico.
The role requires in depth subject matter expertise and global working experience with at least one to two global consumer products and services including Credit Cards, Retail and Consumer Banking.
The Compliance Assurance - NAM Regional and Global Consumer Banking Head, Managing Director will be based in Irving, Texas and will report to the Global Head of Compliance Assurance.
- Change agent and a forward-looking and solution oriented leader in the fulfilment of the ICRM Transformation Plan.
- Develop a robust CA Plan to monitor for compliance with rules, laws, and regulations.
- Direct and approve planning, execution, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the global or regional or country level in accordance with CA Plan.
- Provide supervisory oversight over reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities.
- Lead a valued interactive program of support and assurance in accordance with requirements and appropriate expectations to regulators and supervisors on compliance issues, trends, themes, root causes and impacts relating to governance, risk management and internal control issues.
- Approve resource requirements and budgets for NAM and GCB CA projects.
- Serve as an assurance owner for complex reviews, analyse report findings, and recommend appropriate interventions where needed.
- Analyse and provide credible challenges to team's assessment of the control environment (of relevant assessment units), including Manager's Control Assessments (MCA), Internal Audit Assessments (and related control metrics such as Issues Being Actioned by Management (IBAM), on-time remediation, Reopens, and MCA effectiveness), Regulatory Issues (and its metrics), Compliance Assurance Results, and Legal Matters.
- Review and approve CA Risk Assessments and CA Monthly and Quarterly Reporting.
- Identify and evaluate emerging risks and present findings to CA function leadership.
- Participate in discussions with the firm's regulators in connection with inquiries, inspections, and exams.
- Provide regulator briefings as necessary.
- Participate in the development and approve the enhancements to the CA Methodology and Standards for auditing, testing, and reporting with compliance risk focus.
- Participate in the development and implement the strategy in NAM and across GCB divisions globally to effectively utilize innovative compliance testing solutions including Data Analytics to increase value and reduce costs of compliance-related activities.
- Provide insight to the State of Compliance Report on a quarterly basis to the Audit Committees of Citigroup and Citibank.
- Inform senior management and regional leadership of the country/business of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action (using State of Compliance reporting).
- Maintain close working relationship with all Global and Regional Compliance Officers and provide State of Compliance reporting to regions, countries and legal entities.
- Maintain supervisory oversight over on-going assessment of State of Compliance across businesses and products, legal entities and jurisdictions, providing stakeholders with insight and practical solutions to improve the control culture and environment.
- Develop talent in CA and promote opportunities for ICRM talent to develop within ICRM and in other parts of Citigroup in the region.
- Promote knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across ICRM and the business.
- Identify industry best practices and share insight with the CA teams on a regular basis.
- Identify compliance training resources and tools available centrally to support country/business compliance programs training and research needs.
The ideal candidate must have:
- 20 plus years related experience in ICRM or similar function, with extensive experience as a global or regional leader, and extensive knowledge of Credit Cards, Retail and Consumer Banking.
- Extensive global compliance and audit related experience, and strong knowledge of business processes and IT technologies utilized in the Financial Services industry.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Advanced degree and/or professional certification preferred.
- Demonstrated solid career progression within highly respected diversified institutions with complex and diverse products and customers.
- Executive presence and a reputation for building strong relationships with stakeholders and leading teams, both direct reports and in peer/influence models. Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential.
- Solid understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements impacting Credit Cards, Retail and Consumer Banking.
- Proven experience in leading transformational change, in influencing geographically dispersed teams of world-class professionals, and in implementation of cost effective and technology enabled innovative solutions in compliance monitoring, testing, and reporting.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Excellent communication skills in interacting with non-executives, executive management, regulators, and across a number of business lines and control functions.
- Effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and networking and influencing skills. This person will be comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
- Proven track record in preparing and presenting formal written reports to Audit Committee, Compliance Committee, Board of Directors, and C-Suite Management.
- Willingness to travel internationally.C16 Role Reports to Global Head of Compliance Assurance
Keywords: Citi, Irving , Compliance Assurance - NAM Regional and Global Consumer Banking Head,, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!