Lead Accountant - Compensation and Benefits
Company: OneMain Financial
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Lead Accountant Benefits and Compensation
Founded in Evansville, Indiana in 1920, OneMain Holdings, Inc.
provides loans and other credit related products to roughly 2.5
million families in 43 states. We provide bill consolidation loans,
personal loans, home improvement loans, auto secured loans, loans
for unexpected expenses and vacations. For 90+ years, OneMain
Holdings, Inc. has provided the personal lending products our
customers need and when they need it.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates to
fill a Lead Accountant role in our Benefits/Compensation Accounting
Department to be located at our Irving, Texas office. This position
is focused on ensuring proper accounting for the Operating Expenses
of the Company, with specific focus on stock-based compensation,
employee benefits and defined benefit plans.
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free
covered parking, on-site fitness center and were in walking
distance to the new Music Factory Entertainment complex, with
excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's
Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great
place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team
Members CPE Requirements. You will have exposure to Capital
Markets, SEC Reporting, Loan Accounting, Close/Consolidations,
Policy/Technical Accounting, SOX and other key functions. We have a
casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many
opportunities for growth and development.
Successful candidates applying for the Lead Accountant
Benefits/Compensation Accounting position will be able to execute
the following duties:
- Prepare or review journal entries and reconciliations or other
reporting, as required for monthly close processes.
- Produce monthly reports that analyze compensation and benefit
related expense trends and other management reporting.
- Develop and implement expense accounting policies/procedures to
achieve efficiencies and ensure the proper recording of expenses
for various compensation and benefit programs.
- Collaborate with business partners to monitor and support
accounting and disclosure needs related to stock compensation
programs, employee benefits and pension plans
- Assist in coordination of annual review of SOX controls,
including review of SOC-1 reports, process narratives and
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors in the audit of
financial statements for the consolidated company and various
Candidates applying to this position will be considered based upon
the follow demonstrated qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting is a plus
- 3+ years of progressive experience in accounting roles
- Prior experience with a large, publicly-traded entity a
- Benefits accounting experience desired, to include stock
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging
issues under tight deadlines
Keywords: OneMain Financial, Irving , Lead Accountant - Compensation and Benefits, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!