Senior Commercial Intelligence Analyst
Posted on: September 13, 2019
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what youre
searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserves position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting and managing a
variety of customer facing analytics needs including, but not
limited to, forecast projections, market level pricing, region /
industry / product performance (and combinations therein), and
various dashboard development as required by the Commercial
organization. They will work collaboratively with a variety of
functions notwithstanding the Sales and Commercial Operations teams
to align these analytics with business strategies and
Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to
work cross-functionally with other areas of the organization,
strong analytical skills, multi-tasking ability, project management
and a professional demeanor are the keys to this position. The
candidate must be able to work in a highly visible, dynamic and
fast paced environment. They must also have a curiosity, desire and
strong enjoyment of diving into available data for the purpose of
developing new insights to grow the front end of our business.
This position reports directly to the Director of Commercial
Intelligence & Analytics.
- Support and continuously evolve established processes and
reporting for the consolidation of global bookings and related
- Develop and continuously refine operation specific analytics
based on historical booking data and incorporate into demand
- Develop and continuously define a Commercial Dashboard to
enable key insights for global Commercial leadership to run their
respective businesses efficiently and effectively.
- Support the Commercial leadership with clear and insightful
analysis applying advanced modeling and dashboard techniques
through MS PowerBI.
- Contribute to the development of a global Customer Master
- Continuously enhance and implement business tools, reporting
and analytics so sales management and operations can drive improved
sales and opportunity planning (S&OP).
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Business, Engineering,
Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Information Technology or
- Proficient knowledge of SQL databases, statistical software
packages, MS Azure, MS PowerBI, EDW structures, information cubes,
and Alteryx in addition to the standard Office Suite and global ERP
- Minimum 3 years preferably in a reporting, process improvement
or analytical role.
- CIP Green and/or Black Belt attainment is a plus (or progress
towards a relevant certification).
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and
leadership skills with the ability to quickly. build credibility,
influence and make recommendations to all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to
- Organizational skills - ability to multi-task, prioritize, and
execute on assigned deliverables.
- Facilitation skills - emphasis on coordinating customer
relationships with internal functions/groups; ability to solve
issues by coordination across cross-functional areas.
- Strong cross-functional team player.
- Ability to change direction quickly based on analytic
- Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in a plain
- A strong desire to mine data and search for patterns that could
create new insights.
- Enjoys discovering and solving problems.
- Experience with real-time analytics and business intelligence
platforms such as MS PowerBI.
- Ability to travel globally when needed.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Senior Commercial Intelligence
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Primary Posting Location: Irving, Texas US
Job Posting Category: Other
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 47632BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a
reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve, Irving , Senior Commercial Intelligence Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!