Acute Care Billing Representative - Rancho Cordova, CA or Irving, TX
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Healthcareisnt just changing. Its growing more complex every day.
ICD - 10 Codingreplaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new
challenges and financialconstraints. Where does it all lead?
Hospitals and Healthcare organizationscontinue to adapt, and we are
vital part of their evolution. And thats whatfueled these exciting
new opportunities.Who are we? Optum360 . Were a dynamic new
partnership formed byDignity Health and Optum to combine our unique
expertise. As part of thegrowing family of UnitedHealth Group ,
well leverage our compassion, ourtalent, our resources and
experience to bring financial clarity and a fullsuite of Revenue
Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.If youre
looking for a better place to use yourpassion, your ideas and your
desire to drive change, this is the place to be.Its an opportunity
to do your lifes best work.SMThis function is responsible
forbilling, re-bills and follow up based on policies, systems,
methods, andprocedures for the effective management and control of
Regulatory Operationsfunctions. Monitor accounts that have been
corrected for re-bill and takeappropriate actions to ensure the
accounts are follow up correctly and in atimely manner.Primary
- Strong analytical skills with experience in pulling and
analyzing data from hospital re-billing and related hospital
- To ensure accounts are followed up correctly and timely until
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and understanding of basic
compliance concepts, principals and technical capabilities to
performed varied tasks and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Review and ensure all bills are correct or have been properly
corrected prior re-billing.
- Review and accurately maintain the re-bills tracking log.
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for
the effective management and control of re-billing and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to develop practical and innovation solutions to a wide
range of problems.
- Thoughtful problem solver who consistently treats others with
dignity and respect.
- Works independently
- Ability to work 40 hrs a week within standard business hours
(8am-5pm)Youll berewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development
for other roles you may be interested in.RequiredQualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in medical and / or acute health
insurance billing and collections in a hospital or revenue cycle
environment (excludes physician billing)
- 1+ years of previous experience working in a metric driven
environment with department goals / quotas to meet on a daily /
weekly / monthly basis
- 1+ years experience and knowledge working within HIPAA
guidelines and compliance billing and collection requirements
- 1+ years of Experience in Medicare and government billing and
systems, specifically using DDE, MRT, and Noridian
- Data Entry experience, including but not limited to areas such
as inventory, claims, billing, internal systems, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet
navigation) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Ability to participate with overtime projects as
- Knowledge of Acute Care billing and collections systems ie:
MS4, Invision, Meditech, workflow management tools, Sorian, Claims
- Experience with claims processing for multiple payersSoft
- Ability to multi - task and to understand multiple products and
multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Adaptable and flexible within a work environment
- Interpersonal communication skills - written and verbal
communication with colleagues as well as business partners
- Ability to prioritize tasks with easeCareers withOptumInsight.
Information and technology have amazing power to transform
theHealthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where
it's happening.This is where you'll help solve the problems that
have never been solved. We'refreeing information so it can be used
safely and securely wherever it's needed.We're creating the very
best ideas that can most easily be put into action tohelp our
clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions.
Thisis where the best and the brightest work together to make
positive change areality. This is the place to do your lifes best
work.SMDiversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group
is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity / Affirmative Action employer and
all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation,
or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealthGroup is a
drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drugtest
before beginning employment.Keywords: billing, acute care,
medicare, government billing, medical, healthcare, revenuecycle
management, hospital billing, phone support, data entry
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Irving , Acute Care Billing Representative - Rancho Cordova, CA or Irving, TX, Accounting, Auditing , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!