Technical Report Writer / Admin Assistant
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Since 1974, Shermco has become North America's largest and fastest
growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus
is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly
and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group,
Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field
Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a
position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis
on safety and client service. That's why we say... if it's in the
electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused
on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market
companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is
poised for the next decade and beyond.
Shermco U.S. is seeking a SR. Technical Report Writer
SR. TECHNICAL REPORT WRITER
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance,
repair, testing & training. This position will be responsible for
developing, implementing and managing best practices for accurately
producing detailed and informative technical reports to be
delivered to our customers on a timely basis. Shermco is ISO
certified, a member of EASA, AWEA, PEARL and is accredited by NETA,
PEV, SKF & ANAB. This position is based in our Irving (Dallas)
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
- Identify, maintain and regularly update the customer
requirements for the technical reports within Shermco' s Machine
- Develop and implement efficient and effective standard
operating procedures for ensuring that all reports are completed in
an accurate, complete and timely manner, in accordance with
Shermco' s stated expectations and customer's requirements.
- Keep applicable managers and customers' account manager
informed daily of the status of reports, including those that have
been delivered, are pending, and which are awaiting action.
- Carefully reviews all data sheets submitted by technicians
daily for completeness and immediately seek additional needed
- Incorporate diagrams, graphs and other exhibits in a visually
appealing manner which supports the technical report.
- Be available to confidently and explain technical information
to non-technical readers in a manner that can be understood.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Managing multiple software's and databases, according to each
report. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and
maintain databases/data systems.
- Interpret data and analyze results for multiple electrical
- Independently track and distribute reports in a timely manner,
in compliance with set time frames. Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree, Trade School Certification or bachelor's
degree from an accredited university or college in a technical
- Work experience as an analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to analyze existing databases and provide solution's
- 3 or more years of experience in an industrial, engineering,
technical or manufacturing company IS A PLUS.
- Prefer experience from an industrial repair or services
company; familiarity with motor and generator repair highly
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Ability to communicate in written English using technically
accurate language, with excellent grammar.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel; minimal 25-35%.
- All offer are conditioned on acceptable results from a
background check and drug and alcohol screening.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
No Agencies Please. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a
third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent
to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly
to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System
Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property.
Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Keywords: Shermco, Irving , Technical Report Writer / Admin Assistant, Advertising , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!