Senior Media Strategist
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: August 5, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
At Verizon, we don't just wait for the future, we build it. That
statement is never truer than within the marketing organization of
BlueJeans by Verizon. As part of the demand generation team, we are
shaping the future of how VaaS and UCaaS brands use media and
connections to fuel company growth. We are seeking an experienced
media/marketing professional to join our passionate team.
Equivalent to an agency Director, this Manager will partner across
the BlueJeans marketing organization and our agency partners to
build and execute media plans that drive awareness, demand,
engagement and ultimately loyal consumption of our products and
As a member of this fast-paced and energetic team, you will be
responsible for shaping the global media strategy and driving the
execution of key B2B initiatives. You will be responsible for paid
search, social, and programmatic media execution and optimization
across all inventory types to achieve brand and business
objectives. You will oversee cross-channel media planning on all
platforms across BlueJeans, lead our media agency partners, and
collaborate closely with our in-house digital media center of
excellence. With your expert knowledge of the tech and media
landscapes and the evolution of digital planning, you will keep
internal leadership, media and agency teams educated on emerging
We're ultimately looking for someone willing to challenge the
status quo to raise the bar with every campaign. Reporting to the
Head of Demand Generation, you will partner with a broad
andcross-functional set of talented stakeholders.
* Lead strategy and media plan development for specific product
initiatives, typically multiple per quarter, ranging from 1 - 3
* Partner directly with key stakeholders andglobal counterparts in
Product Marketing, PR, Social, and Field Marketing to effectively
tie media outcomes to deliver on business objectives.
* Coordinate with Social, Experiential andPR leads for holistic
paid + owned + earned campaigns.
* Partner with Product Marketing teams to develop strategic
positioning, identify insights, and establish clear objectives and
measures of success for truly integrated marketing initiatives.
* Partner with the agency and analytics teams to report on
completed campaigns, apply basic analytical skills to identify any
performance highlights and/or trends to inform strategy andtactics
for moving forward.
* Ensure effective budget management including reconciliation and
* Think critically about the business and what is needed from a
marketing and creative perspective to meet stated objectives and
achieve business goals.
* Autonomously manage multiple agencies, on all day-to-day aspects
of the partnership.
* Measure and monitor marketing and creative initiatives to
determine performance and potential needs for course correction;
partnering with analytics teams to make recommendations.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes
work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status
quo, you're always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a
fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You
are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. You
have a thirst for knowledge and unparalleled curiosity. Learning
quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart
risks. You are skillful with Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Marketer/agency/consultative services experience in media
strategy and investment.
* Experience managing all self-serve programmatic channels
(display, video, social, dOOH, audio, native).
* Experience managing teams across highly complex and integrated
organizations - internally and externally.
* Willingness to travel.
* A valid Driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
* A degree in marketing or related field.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience in media.
* Ability to manage projects across multiple stakeholders, and
influence across divisions, departments, and teams.
* Experience in data-driven targeting and reach strategy.
* Programmatic buying experience within Agency Trade Desks,
Management Consultancies, or brands with in-house programmatic
* Knowledge of advertising channels across TV, audio, OOH, Display
(desktop, mobile), Digital Video, Social Media, various buying
methodologies (CPM, CPC, CPA), etc.
* Experience making recommendations regarding tech adoption, based
on thorough awareness of the current and emerging media
* Experience building and executing programmatic buying
* Experience in applying data to get the most out of media
* Experience in leading data-driven media technology (Liveramp,
Adobe AAM, Epsilon, Acxiom).
* Manage complex situations and demonstrate the ability to develop
solutions to those situations with strong partnership with peers as
needed, and with little oversight from your direct manager.
This position can be located in other valid Verizon domestic
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be
provided during the hiring process.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Senior Media Strategist, Advertising , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!