VP of Marketing & Development
Company: Nonprofit, Irving, TX
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Develop and implement the overall marketing and development strategies for the organization, to ensure effective and consistent dissemination of COMPANY’s mission and strategic objectives through the effective use of the COMPANY brand and COMPANY’s various channels for development. This position is responsible for leading the growth, management, and successful execution of a comprehensive major gift program by building relationships and a pipeline of annual donors with the ultimate goal of cultivating major donors. Direct responsibilities include major giving and expanding our presence in targeted areas. The VP of Marketing & Development oversees the successful design and implementation of vehicles to build the major giving pipeline including stewardship, PR/communications, annual giving, corporate alliances and national fundraising programs. Foster a culture of philanthropy within COMPANY. Assure that the organization’s corporate culture, systems and procedures support the goals and objectives of COMPANY. Lead staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization. ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Lead the development and implementation of a unified, effective marketing and development plan, to expand COMPANY’s audience base and increase capacity and revenue. 2. Develop the ongoing strategy for the COMPANY brand in light of the need to communicate COMPANY’s mission and objectives in such a way as to garner support from existing and potential supporters. Develop key message points that support the brand for use in all COMPANY communications. 3. Develop and implement national public service announcements (PSAs) and/or paid ad campaigns to support COMPANY’s public awareness/brand/communications objectives; and provide support to COMPANY affiliates on development of PSAs. 4. Oversee media relations at the national level, including the building and maintenance of key relationships. Guide local Affiliate and State offices in development of effective communication with media. 5. Oversee and direct the writing, production and distribution of COMPANY’s national publications to promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation and to garner support from existing and potential donors and volunteers. 6. Develop and maintain a strategy for online communications, ensuring brand consistency across all online channels, including advocacy efforts, Walk Like COMPANY sites and social media. Direct the department’s development and maintenance of COMPANY’s online communications. 7. Oversee the day-to-day activities of the marketing and development function including budgeting, planning, staff development and management. Seek pro-bono support for communications objectives whenever feasible. 8. Work closely with the CEO and senior team members to ensure alignment of marketing and development objectives across the organization. 9. Coordinate with Communication’s team to develop and oversee integrated marketing and crisis communications plans for COMPANY. 10. Create a dynamic development team that understands the importance meeting and or exceeding financial goals of the organization a. Leads the Development team in designing and implementing a comprehensive development plan to meet and/or exceed the goals of the organization’s budget. b. Focuses on annual revenue growth and capitalizing on the momentum in growth experienced by the Chapter. Demonstrate the experience and vision to expand the Chapter’s financial base of individual and corporate contributors through all giving vehicles and initiatives. c. Provides effective leadership, mentoring and guidance in all fundraising activities including individual donor gifts, foundation relations, corporate relations, event management and sponsorship expansion. Works diligently to ensure chapter meets or exceeds all fundraising goals. 11. Other duties as assigned. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Eight to ten years of progressively responsible branding, development, marketing and management experience. Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of branding/development specialists. Experience with brand transitions and non-profit/cause-related communications preferred. 2. Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or related field required.
3. Strong knowledge of and experience in ability to raise funds and achieve and or exceed financial goals. Also demonstrate skills in communications, and media relations and/or public relations. 4. Demonstrate a proven track record in the ability to raise funds and achieve/exceed financial goals.
5. Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment. 6. Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language. 7. Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities. 8. Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments. 9. Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
10. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
11. Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
12. Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills. 13. Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
14. Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community. 15. Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job. 16. Demonstrated commitment,passion and compassion for the mission of COMPANY. 17. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, vision and management to the respective area of supervision. Must be able to develop long and short term strategies to achieve the vision and communicate appropriately to inspire support and action.
Keywords: Nonprofit, Irving, TX, Irving , VP of Marketing & Development, Advertising , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!