Patient Financial Instructor
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Summary:The associate is responsible for the duties and services
that are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle division of
CHRISTUS Health. The associate ensures that all processes are
performed in a timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of
this position is to provide onboard training, continuing education,
and quality auditing for vendors and Revenue Cycle Business
Services. The position works in a cooperative team environment to
provide value to internal and external customers.The associate
carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of
ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS
Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission, Philosophy and
core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and
- Performs Revenue Cycle functions in a manner that meets or
exceeds CHRISTUS Health key performance metrics.
- Ensures PFS departmental quality and productivity standards are
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal
communication with both internal and external customers.
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations and requirements, and
gains customer trust and respect.
- Compliant with all CHRISTUS Health, payer and government
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other
systems utilized by PFS in accordance with policy and
- Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership
Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities
affecting productivity, reimbursement, payment delays, and/or
patient experience.Role Specific ResponsibilitiesTraining
- Development and maintenance of learning content that is
accurate, intuitive, and understandable for new hires, existing
associates, and vendors.
- Development and maintenance of learning content introducing
intermediate and advanced learning topics as needed.
- Provide training on job functions including systems, processes,
and ad hoc requests to associates and vendors.
- Use various information systems to support training
(HealthStream, Genesis, etc.).
- Maintenance of learning program that meets or exceeds
satisfactory scores as tracked by pre-assessment scores,
post-assessment scores, and readiness of new associates to perform
tasks fundamental to PFS.
- Development and maintenance of on-going training program to
refresh existing skills and competencies.
- Development and maintenance of learning environment that
supports on-demand skills.Quality Assurance
- Perform focused audits and individual associate audits
providing associates and leaders with audit results in a
well-organized and easy to understand format.
- Perform vendor audits providing PFS Leadership and vendor with
audit results in a well-organized and easy to understand
- Identify trends and areas of improvement based on audit
findings and provide recommendations.
- Identify potential training needs and/or needed updates to job
aides and training material working closely with Training and
Process Improvement team on opportunities identified.
- Provide support to associates and vendors as needed to help
facilitate passing QA scores.Requirements:
- Minimum of three years' work experience in healthcare business
office environment with demonstrated skills and experience related
to insurance billing, collections, payment, and reimbursement
verification and/or refunds preferred.
- Experience working with related Business Office applications
- Experience working with Excel and a practical knowledge of
remaining Microsoft Suite.
- Experience providing education training either in classroom or
one on one with RCBS preferred.
- Experience developing and maintaining educational material
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to spot trends and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain performance working with tight
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions based on
experience, facts, and process guidance.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and leadership.Work Type:Full
Req. No52078Job TitlePatient Financial InstructorMarketCHRISTUS
System OfficeCategoryRevenue CycleFacilityCHRISTUS Corp Irving
Offices 919 and 909 BuildingsAddress919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A MapView Other LocationsTypeFULL TIME
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Patient Financial Instructor, Education / Teaching , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!