SY: HS ELAR/ESL/ESOL Teacher- Irving HS
Company: Irving Independent School District
Posted on: September 24, 2022
IRVING INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide students with appropriate learning
activities and experiences in the core academic subject areas
assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual,
emotional, physical and social growth. Enable students to develop
competencies and skills to function successfully in a global
- Bachelors Degree
- Valid Texas teaching certificate for subject/level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal
- Fluent with technology use and actively integrates technology
to enhance student learning
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned
and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established
by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative
- Access and use available data to plan and implement appropriate
instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and
equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of
students assigned (i.e. gifted and talented, bilingual/ESL, 504,
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers/staff to
modify curricula as needed for special education students according
to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and
implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according
to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s)
and/or volunteer(s) while working with students in the
- Use appropriate technologies to strengthen and enhance the
teaching and learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits
- Consistently monitor student achievement through formative and
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as
assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the campus
- Present a positive role model for students that supports the
mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional
development of students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and other areas as
appropriate in accordance with Student Code of Conduct, board
policies, administrative regulations, and/or IEP.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with
students and their parents/guardians.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all supervisors,
colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use appropriate and acceptable communication skills to present
information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Demonstrate current knowledge, understanding, and skill in the
assigned content area, instructional strategies and the teaching
and learning process.
- Participate in district and campus professional
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional
- Keeps informed of and comply with state, district, and school
regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and electronic
reports, records, and other required documents.
- Attend and participate in faculty/staff meetings and serve on
committees as required.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, responsible and in
compliance with the Professional Code of Ethics.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Must
maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem
solving skills while under stress. Must demonstrate ability to
communicate effectively (verbal and written). Should be able to
interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making. Frequent
in-district and occasional in-state or national travel. Occasional
prolonged and irregular hours.
Safety: Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Observe all safety precautions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and foregoing
statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities
assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Irving Independent School District, Irving , SY: HS ELAR/ESL/ESOL Teacher- Irving HS, Education / Teaching , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!