Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Engineer is responsible for participating in logistics analysis
and engineering work involving all aspects of transportation and
warehouse design. They solve problems presented to them to support
customers, development activities or request for proposals by
designing, developing, analyzing or implementing comprehensive
supply chain solutions. They collect data, perform transportation,
statistical and mapping analysis, design customized solutions and
work on a team that is developing or implementing the processes and
service solutions for the customer. Might implement and design
customized solutions, use engineering tools for modeling or utilize
the tools or solutions for implementation. They use
methods or tools under the guidance of their manager to create
models, tools or processes that will be used by Analysts and
Operations daily. They are participant in location startups,process
improvement teams and cost saving initiatives.
- Conduct logistics analysis in support of both operational and new
- Conduct the development and implementation of engineering
solutions, including programming/software development.
- Provide maintenance and support activities for all existing
solutions, including software maintenance as needed.
- Preparation of technical and user documentation and presentations
for all solutions.
- Designs, implements or analyzes one customer solution at a time
with supervision as assigned
- Works effectively as a team member accomplishing assigned
- Participates in cross-functional groups to create the expected
- Interacts with internal and external customers on an as needed
- Supports the preparation of results into proposal documents or
other engineering reports and presentations for customers and
- Helps ensure a solution will meet financial goals and provide
- Meets customer deadlines by providing required designs and
- Develops an understanding of the customers' needs and take
actions to ensure that such needs are met
- Understands what the customer does, what their business model is
and what their expectations are
- Able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of
problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until
it is fixed with the guidance of a more senior level associate
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2 to 5 years comparable experience designing, developing,
implementing and executing supply chain solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain,
Logistics, Management Science, Computer Science or other
quantitative discipline required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of transportation, warehousing, supply
chain and logistics concepts
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal, and with
internal and external customers required.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
Access, Word and PowerPoint) as well as Minitab. Skills in MS
Project and Visio a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills in supply chain network modeling
design tools preferred
- Ability to analyze data and conduct extensive research
- Excellent analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Developing presentation skills
- Must demonstrate aptitude for developing written, oral, and
interpersonal communications skills, particularly when problems
arise that may affect solution outcome and/or project schedule.
- Customer orientation
- Team player
- Must be able to work somewhat independently and concurrently on a
range of unstructured tasks/projects and properly prioritize work,
all with some supervision or direction
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Irving , Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!