Chief Engineer III
Company: Nexstar Media Group Inc.
Posted on: October 14, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Manages all aspects of the Engineering Department.
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the
station and transmitter sites.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations
applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
- Works with corporate leadership to implement new technologies
and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Manages engineering and technology capital projects to the
- Manages and coordinates fiber connectivity, production setups,
A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and
- Working knowledge of television and digital studio broadcast
and production systems including: video server technology, digital
----HD and SD signal routing and switching, digital SD and HD
encoding technologies and techniques, television and radio
automation and traffic systems and the interface of these systems,
audio encoding, routing and storage, television editing systems,
large disk-based video and audio storage systems and integration of
the broadcast and production environment into an IT system.
- Evaluates, selects, installs, services and maintains station
equipment and information technology systems.
- Maintains station fleet of vehicles, including live satellite
trucks; repairs station infrastructures.
- Communicates and coordinates equipment maintenance and training
- Prepares and maintains Engineering Department budget and
- Works closely with General Manager and department managers to
ensure station objectives are being met.
- Guides, directs and motivates subordinates, including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Evaluates employee access and trains employees on station
information systems or new equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Communications, or equivalent
combination of education and work related experience
- Minimum five years' experience with Information Technology
Systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Experience with Avid systems, digital transmitters, microwave
equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Fluency in English; strong communication, both verbal and
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others, coach
and mentor others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Keywords: Nexstar Media Group Inc., Irving , Chief Engineer III, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!