Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on: April 10, 2021
--- About This OpportunityWe are more interested in aptitude and
attitude, than experience with specific security tools. Let us know
your history, but of more interest is your grasp of technical
concepts, not specific user interfaces. We want team members who
will take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution, not
simply perform tasks as assigned. You will work with and act as a
subject matter expert (SME) on at least one specialization within
the Security Operations domain. You must have a passion for
learning new technologies, not simply working with what you already
know. You will be provided with the tools to produce your own
career success, but are expected to seize them and create that
success. You will be challenged in a fast-paced environment, but
success in handling these challenges will not go unnoticed or
- You will be a key player on a team responsible for all aspects
of Cyber Defense within 7-Eleven. You will be a SME in at least one
area listed below, and are expected to have full professional
knowledge of security concepts and company objectives to resolve a
wide range of issues in effective and sometimes creative ways, in
all of the following domains. As an advanced engineer, you are
expected to do these things with little technical direction and
with only general guidance on new assignments:
- Incident response (to include triage, playbooks, investigation,
- Forensic analysis
- Malware analysis
- Protocol analysis
- Endpoint protection
- Data loss prevention
- Email security
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Threat research and creation of compensating controls
- Assist in developing and maintaining cyber security policies,
standards, processes and workflows.
- Provide suggestions to team lead/manager in creating your
professional development and training plan.
- Prioritize taskings and projects assigned based on importance
to accomplishment of business objectives. Occasionally assist
junior teammates with maintaining proper prioritization.
- Solve diverse and complex issues where analysis of situations
and data requires in-depth evaluation of identifiable factors.
Provide escalation support and technical guidance to teammates in
areas where you are a SME.
- Work on projects assigned to you, in effort to advance
partnership opportunities between Cyber Defense Operations (CDO)
team and other business areas.
- Work with senior engineers to define cyber security
requirements for current and future state end-to-end architectures
and platforms to advance security controls and the security posture
of the business.
- Assist senior engineers in collaborating with development and
engineering teams to prioritize security risks, provide mitigation
or remediation recommendations, and implement compensating
- Perform risk quantification and third-party risk management
reviews as required.
- Perform cyber security platform testing, and work with other
teams to ensure vulnerability remediation and operating system
hardening to reduce attack surface.
- Assist in performing proof-of-concept testing for cyber
security solutions under consideration for purchase and
- Work with senior engineers in identifying cyber security
products and technologies that can enhance 7-Eleven's mission by
providing appropriate protection for all data in our environment,
or sent or received to/from various public or private clouds, or
the Internet at large.
- Consistently demonstrate 7-Eleven Leadership Principles for
Cyber Defense Operations team.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Master's preferred, or
- 5 years of related experience with Bachelor's, 3 years with
- Experience with at least one major SOAR and one major SIEM
- Familiarity with operation of other security devices (firewall,
proxy server, VPN, IPS, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols Certification/Licenses
- Must have: At least one entry-level vendor-neutral
certification in the Information Security arena or equivalent
- Preferred: At least one non-entry-level vendor-neutral
certification in the Information Security arena (CISSP, CISM, GISP,
etc.) or equivalent experience
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Irving , Cyber Security Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!