Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries. ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast,
accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic
tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and
transform the way the world is managing health.Our pioneering
technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical
diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions
for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency
departments, physician offices and clinics. Our location in Irving,
TX currently has an opportunity for a Senior Engineer. WHAT YOU'LL
DO The Senior Engineer completes engineering assignments related to
a specific field or discipline and acts as a mentor. Leads and
executes engineering activities to support design and development
of complex subsystems for new and on-market products, supporting
the Mechanical and Electrical teams. - Proactively identifies
opportunities for product or process improvements.
- Performs assignments of a very complicated or difficult nature
requiring a high degree of technical competence.
- Willingness to become a Subject Matter Expert in Design Control
and Design Planning and answer questions for teams that need
- Acts as independent reviewer for complex new product
development activities, for complex design changes, and for
purposes of design reviews.
- Acts as a liaison with our internal customers at other sites
and leads a cross-functional team, including team members from
sites in Germany and Ireland.
- Conceives and plans projects to explore product or process
problems, defines and selects new concepts and approaches to the
design or development of new or improved products or
- Acts as technical lead for and provides technical guidance to
less experienced engineers.
- Interfaces with product team members designers, manufacturing
or design engineer, R&D, marketing, regulatory (internal), site
engineering, Instrument Development managers, document control, and
- Maintains mechanical library of parts, including fasteners,
springs, and standard purchased parts, and works closely with the
electrical librarian for PCB components.
- Creates or executes protocols for validation of complex system
- Serves in Multiple Team Roles: Serves as leader, contributor,
facilitator, consultant, technical expert, arbitrator, evaluator
according to the needs of the team and task.
- Motivates Others: Keeps morale high by encouraging others,
giving positive feedback, and setting a good example, makes and
- Development: Prepares a plan, and tracks the progress of the
team, including less experienced engineers. EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering or closely related
discipline with five or more years progressive work
- Four to six years progressive work experience. Preferred
- Work experience in a highly regulated industry or other types
of companies/industries: Consumer Products, Aerospace, Automotive,
Military Hardware, Medical Devices, Electro-Mechanical Design or
- Software/Systems: CAD/CAE Modeling (SolidWorks, ProE,
3D/2DAutoCAD), preferably with some machining knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- 7 + years of experience working in mechanical design or
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams and utilize data to
make decisions and influence stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability
to act as liaison with other groups and organizations.
- Supervisor or technical lead experience is a plus.
- Prior medical device experience: electro-mechanical, chemical,
or biochemical technologies as they pertain to the design,
integration, evaluation, and commercialization of diagnostic
systems. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - WHAT WE OFFER At
Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: - Follow your career aspirations
to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides
the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Irving , Senior Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!