Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview--- Who we areImagine working in a place where
continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded;
where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively
drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the
world.As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee - and Big Bite -. "Brain
Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old
Slurpee - and with over 77,000 stores globally (more than any other
retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a
month.But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.At 7-Eleven the
entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our
inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the
convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock
could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better
serve the needs of our customers.Today we are redefining
convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are
fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented,
innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you
to come make history with us.--- How We LeadAt 7-Eleven we are
guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be AccountableEach principle has a defined set of behaviors
which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support
Stores.Responsibilities--- About This OpportunityJob
Summary7-Eleven needs highly enthusiastic Python/Databricks
engineers to create, tune, maintain and build reporting for the
BigData platforms that drive their retail business. This role is
key to 7-Eleven's continued market dominance and requirespeople
that are passionate about data and seeking perfection in their
development.Key Duties And Responsibilites
- Performing systems integration design and development in cloud
architecture design (Azure)
- Building sizing and cost models for Cloud Services (Azure)
- Review enhancement requests and recommend best solution to
stakeholders as SME.
- Containerizing ingestion processes using docker and Kubernetes
- Understand business requirements to design, build, develop and
test data integration pipelines.
- Plan, direct DevOps implementation and system hardware/software
updates for better performance, stability.
- Work on the BI dashboards to support retail stores and the
Azure AI platform that runs the personalized consumer experiences
used by millions each day.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE:EDUCATION: Masters/Bachelors with 4+ years'
experienceYEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 3+ yearsYEARS OF
MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE: NACERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES: Click or tap
here to enter certifications/licenses required or
preferred.Specific Knowledge And Skills
- 3+ years or demonstrated mastery of development with
programming languages - Python, SQL, Unix.
- 2+ years' experience with Apache Spark and Databricks cloud
tool sets (AWS or Azure).
- 1+ years' experience with GCP/Azure Cloud Big Data tools
(PowerBI/DataLake/ Azure Databricks).
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical, problem solving,
verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in API security frameworks, token management and
UAC including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Basic knowledge of using Devops, GitHub, JIRA tools and ability
to work in agile environment.
- Masters/Bachelors degree - Computer Science or equivalent.
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Irving , Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!