Customer Experience (CX) Principal Engineer Consultant
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Customer Experience (CX) Principal Engineer ConsultantVerizon is
one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.What you'll be doing...
The Principal Engineer (PE) represents the most senior level of
Professional Services engineers. As a Principal Consultant, a
successful candidate will demonstrate business acumen necessary to
effectively engage at the senior executive level. In this role you
will communicate technical considerations and the impact of custom
solutions to clients' identified business problems to key
stakeholders and decision makers across the top strata of the
strategic client base. As a Principal Engineer (PE), you will be a
valued member of Verizon's Professional Services (PS) team. The PS
team implements and maintains both Verizon hosted, cloud based and
premise solutions which contribute to millions in Verizon revenue.
Because the solutions are critical to our customers (Verizon's
Enterprise, Medium Business, and Government), our focus is to
consult with superior quality and a sense of urgency. The team is
comprised of professionals with decades of experience, covering
multiple technologies, in Contact Center design and delivery. Work
is performed from Verizon offices, remotely, and (at times) from
customer locations. You will be working within our PS Customer
Experience (CX) team to drive implementation of complex hosted
solutions and PS revenue. The Principal Engineer is responsible for
architecting, designing, implementing and maintaining complex
hosted, cloud based and customer-premise contact center solutions
for Verizon's business customers, including directed-dialog,
natural language and conversational speech IVR (Interactive Voice
Response) and AI applications with integration of chat/voice bots,
real-time and static data and reporting. The PE acts as a technical
designer, developer and consultant to:
- Demonstrate advanced technical skills and the ability to solve
challenging technical issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Create, build and continuously improve speech recognition-based
IVR applications and host gateway applications.
- Speech recognition and data exchange IVR applications analysis,
design, implementation, code review, unit and integration testing,
user acceptance test support, deployment and documentation phases
of projects following the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- B2B client/server integration.
- Application layer connectivity testing and
- Team-centric processes to identify, document, review and
consult on Speech User Interface design.
- Routine system changes and updates to Speech-based IVR
- Genesys or Cisco B2B client/server integration, and related
VOIP/SIP/CTI standards and technologies.
- Participate in presales activities to identify customer
- Guiding and mentoring team members in all areas of
responsibility, including UX/CX, speech recognition, professional
communications, implementing process improvements, customer
interactions, application design, and development.
- Understand project scope and solution possibilities by having a
thorough understanding of SOW (Statement of Work), customer
contracts, and change control documents.
- Translate customer needs to technical requirements, high-level
architecture, low-level design and implementation.
- Create and present technically feasible, maintainable, and
- Act as project liaison for platform engineering and
- Assist in remediation of technical architectures deployed by
Verizon customers in support of specific business objectives.
- Work with UI designers, developers, and testers to complete
designs and triage defects.
- Foster a teamwork environment by understanding project team
member needs and dependencies and promoting team buy-in on design
and technical matters.
- Coordinate hand-off to Verizon Operations and Managed Services
or Customer Managed Services for lifecycle management for standard
- Provide escalated technical support for resolution of
production outages, root cause analysis and permanent
- Work in close collaboration with Voice User Interface Designer
and Solutions Engineers to understand and implement projects
effectively. Where you'll be working--- In this hybrid role, you'll
have a defined work location that includes work from home and
assigned office days set by your manager. What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience. Even better if
you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
related field or equivalent work experience.
- Omni-channel design and/or CX (Customer Experience) consulting
- Ten or more years of experience with IVR and speech application
development in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Skilled software architect and developer with a strong
understanding of cloud and web service technologies.
- Experience developing software using VXML, Speech Recognition
and GRXML grammar development.
- Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET 4.0 and higher, C#,ASP.NET, ASP
ADO, Windows Services, IIS.
- Experience with Web Services, including SOAP and RESTful, Web
- Experience with Google or Amazon cloud services and voice /
chat bot development.
- Familiarity with industry-standard IDEs, source control and
issue tracking systems.
- Strong expertise of back-end (e.g., Database, Hosts, Mainframe)
- B2B client/server integration, utility and tool
- Skill in Google Office Suite products, remote web meeting
software, cloud-based collaboration software (Smartsheet,
Stormboard familiarity would be a plus).
- Ability to learn and demonstrate knowledge of the client
business/industry as well as knowledge of Verizon's Professional
- Significant organization skills and ability to store and recall
large volumes of information.
- Strong communication skills to accurately represent and convey
information both in verbal and written form.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of
- Experience working in dynamic and fast-paced environments.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a self-directed work
- Experience with JIRA and/or workflow tools.
- Experience in software architecture design and implementation
of enterprise-scale applications, including back-end server,
mid-tier, and UI software/tools.
- Familiarity with Verizon Hosted IVR/Speech platform (NGSN and
- Holds Microsoft Certification: Azure AI and / or Google Cloud
Certification. 22CyberVES We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page
to learn more.NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles.
Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional
information will be provided during the hiring process.Our credo is
at the core of the
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Customer Experience (CX) Principal Engineer Consultant, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!