Data Engineer - Security
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology
and communications services, transforming the way we connect across
the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.What you'll be doing...
You will be responsible for log analytics, anomaly monitoring and
alert configuration, log shipping skills using various log shippers
and to perform security events monitoring and reporting anomalies
to prevent any security incidents. As an experienced mid-level
developer, you will work on Application Logging and Monitoring
program which is an IT program where the team collects log events
for user activities from all IT applications and analyzes the log
events to look for vulnerabilities, security incidents and reports
- Working with teams on how to document and mitigate security
- Researching root cause for false positives and update
indicators as appropriate to reduce false-positive while minimizing
- Analyzing events and alerts, and properly classify as incidents
- Working with various teams regarding Application log shipping
and Log Analysis requirements. Where you'll be working... In this
hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work
from home and assigned office days set by your organization.
What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience in Data
Analytics or Data Engineering.
- Three years of experience with Splunk or ELK stack. Even better
if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in Kafka/other message broker or queueing
technologies to handle data flows and distribution.
- Ability to develop dashboards, reports for the Security
requirements from various departments; Maintain partnership with
Splunk Platform team to resolve issues at platform level.
- Experience in managing logshipping process, handling various
shippers like Logstash, FluentD, FluentBit, Splunk Forwarder and
various logging libraries (Log4J, log4N, logback).
- Experience in managing log onboarding process for
containerizationbased on log plugins.
- Experience in evaluating new information security tools. If
Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to
apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
listed above. 22CyberAPPWe're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page
to learn more.Our credo is at the core of the
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Data Engineer - Security, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!