Sr Security Engineer
Posted on: October 8, 2018
ExpediaPosition Overview:Do you love seeing a business grow and operate optimally while ensuring it has a solid security foundation? This opportunity will provide you with a meaningful opportunity. The Sr. Security Engineer is the security leader within the Global Partner Solutions business that has support across the breadth of an enterprise-level security function at Expedia. This role will have direct engagement with brand leadership as well as security and compliance professionals across Expedia and the Global Partner Solutions partner base.Job Description:As a Senior Security Engineer your primary responsibilities will include the operations and engineering of mission critical security systems. You will provide technical leadership and security expertise while collaborating with project managers, engineers, developers and all levels of management to execute on strategic and tactical goals.
The Sr. Security Engineer provides cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks. You will work closely with enterprise security while providing technical leadership, project management and security expertise to the brand while collaborating with project managers, engineers, developers and management of all levels to execute on strategical and tactical goals. Additionally, Sr Security Engineer leads the development of cyber security requirements, conducts security design, compliance and risk assessments, reviews and contributes to information security policies and procedures, and evaluates vendors, security services and technologies.Responsibilities:
- Partner with business and technical teams to design, deliver and maintain highly available, performant and cost effective security systems and services.
- Develop, lead, and consult on the technical architecture and strategies for cybersecurity controls, and compliance impacts.
- Provide cybersecurity architecture & systems engineering consulting to IT and business teams.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with our business customers, suppliers and partners. Translate security and technical requirements into business requirements, and communicate security risks to different audiences ranging from business leaders to engineers.
- Lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating cybersecurity controls.
- Write and contribute to project plans, author engineering level documentation, and develop detailed test plans.
- Review projects and provide security standards to the technology, prescribing appropriate protection configurations that will balance business requirements with enterprise technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Actively maintain, monitor and improve our systems and security posture with a focus on service excellence.
- Stay updated on the latest on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls, and extrapolate to the Expedia Global Partner Solutions application and business landscape.
- Identifying continuous security capability improvements that will help protect our computing environments.
- Participate in incident handling and cross-team coordination.
- Contribute to company-wide security strategy.
- Travel as required on a limited basis
- Strong customer service focus, coupled with a proven ability to positively interact with customers within the organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and technical leadership
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent education and experience required
- Minimum 10 years of experience providing secure engineering and operations support services in a complex and large-scale eCommerce environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Ability to present and communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with enforcing policies and standards with business owners, leading by influence.
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Experience in enforcing regulatory controls (e.g. PCI, SOX, GDPR, GLBA, etc.).
- Experience in crafting and implementing standards and procedures.
- Proven project management experience, including developing project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Minimum 5 years of applied computer programming and/or scripting language experience (Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, C++ etc.).
- Experience leading solutions development and complex technical deployments across multi-functional teams.
- Expert level understanding of security protocols and standards, including a demonstrated ability to perform complex analysis.
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud services like EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, CloudFormation and Lambda highly preferred
About ExpediaOur mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
Please visit www.expediainc.com to learn more about our travel brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#LI-SL1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Keywords: Expedia, Irving , Sr Security Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!