Network Engineer Sr.
Company: Exeter Finance
Posted on: October 9, 2018
At Exeter Finance, we are committed to helping customers find the right financing for their next vehicle purchase. By building strong relationships with our customers and network of dealer partners we are able to give options that make sense, getting customers behind the wheel of their car. Every team member is integral to our success. Whether you're at a servicing center helping customers with their loans, in the field building relationships with dealers, or supporting the company from its corporate offices, you'll enjoy a nurturing, invigorating and positive work environment. Our vision is to be a premier finance company and lender of choice known for its People, Performance and Service.Job Summary The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of all Network infrastructure systems and equipment. This position will be involved in both remote and on-site troubleshooting and support of complex Data Center solutions. This position will be analyzing existing networks and equipment and identifying opportunities for improvement and solutions that meet business requirements. Additionally, works on projects as a team member or individual and functions independently or under direction of senior management.Essential Functions
- Manages the design, implementation and ongoing management of Cisco environment, including LAN, WAN, and Wireless Environments. Coordinates with networking vendors to ensure appropriate platform integration and performance. Makes recommendations to senior management on new technologies and products for enhancement of the network.
- Leads and participates in the installation of Network systems and equipment for new facilities and expansions. Decommissions equipment at facilities that are closing, including all hardware, cabling and circuits. Tests, debugs and analyzes performance, and documents infrastructure components.
- Develops Network infrastructure installation procedures to ensure successful integration of systems hardware/software. Develops and recommends technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Monitors and analyzes network, and provides results on a regular basis. Takes corrective action to improve data network; travels to off-site locations to perform related work.
- Responds to emergency situations and can perform effective troubleshooting during production outages.
- Assist in guiding, training, instructing and assisting others at peer or lower levels on technical issues and products.
- Ensures compliance with Exeter's policies & procedures, safety, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Other duties as assigned. Education and Experience
- College Degree or equivalent in a job related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Six (6) + Years of work experience within a Cisco Environment.
- Expert with implementing CISCO routers/switches.
- Expert with implementing and supporting QoS.
- Expert with implementing and supporting OSPF, BGP, VRRP and other routing protocols.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus product line.
- Experience with managing and configuration of firewalls, firewall rules and maintenance, etc. Palo Alto preferred.
- Experience designing, integrating and supporting wide area networks with 10+ remote locations.
- Experience implementing and supporting load balancing solutions.
- Experience with Wireshark or other protocol analyzers. Exeter Finance LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Exeter Finance, Irving , Network Engineer Sr., Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!