Senior Solutions Engineer
Posted on: October 11, 2018
What you'll be doing... You will support Verizon Partner Solutions (VPS) in a predominately pre-sales engineering role. You will be crafting solutions to help the biggest names in the Wholesale Carrier space work quicker and smarter. In collaboration with senior LAN/WAN, IT and business executives, you will identify and develop end to end connectivity solutions to enable our customers to realize their goals. Supporting the capture of new business opportunities, architecting solutions, coordinating internal resources, and acting as a trusted business partner will be your charter. You will enable our customers to see what is possible to make their businesses run better, faster, and smarter.
- Understanding customer business challenges, goals, and environment.
- Designing the right package of solutions and services to meet the customer need.
- Writing proposals and supporting the contracting process - ensuring that all technical needs along with legal and compliance needs are all satisfied.
- Incorporating internal and third party suppliers as appropriate to meet the customer need.
- Ensuring the feasibility of the proposed solution with the delivery and product teams.
- Building and communicating the value proposition with client executives and key stakeholders.
- Building deep, consultative technical relationships with your customers, becoming a trusted adviser.
- Utilizing your skills to manage complex projects, understand detailed enterprise architectures and connect them to a customer's objectives.
- Providing technical leadership as part of a team to identify and qualify business opportunities and develop the strategy to resolve technical matters.
- Demonstrating thought leadership across integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure.
- Being the primary technologist for your customer(s), understanding their goals and the role of technology in the future of their business.
- Working directly with customers to create solutions and use cases that leverage our product integrations that generate business value.
- Managing multiple stakeholders across diverse technologies.
- Articulating the Verizon Enterprise vision on technologies and solutions towards the client.
- Leading prioritization of customer solution/technical requirements and championing resolution of solution/product gaps internally (also towards Product Groups).
- Traveling to client sites, conferences, and other related events as necessary. Location can be flexible depending on VPS work locations. What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Sold, designed, or consulted on technical enterprise business solutions.
- Designed IT and/or managed telecommunications solutions. Ideally, from concept development through implementation.
- Proposed, sold, and/or implemented enterprise-wide technology solutions to enterprises or carriers.
- Experience in the development and implementation of one or more of the following: data and IP services (VoIP, MPLS, VPN, Internet), managed network services (LAN, WAN, content delivery, WLAN, managed IP PBX), managed security solutions (firewall, proxy, VPN), managed mobility solutions, data center outsourcing (cloud, application hosting, managed storage), call center technologies (ACD, IVR, customer portal, WFM), or IT applications management (SOA, web services, RTE). Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science.
- Exceptional communication skills, including executive level communications and experience creating proposals, design summaries and presentations.
- Seven or more years of experience as a technical sales engineer in an IT infrastructure environment or equivalent experience in a client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a professional services or IT engineering team).
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions such as Software Defined Networking.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical presentations in formal and informal settings.
- Strong competency in generating solution documentation for both internal stakeholders and clients in the form of diagrams, slides, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Experience evaluating prospective IT infrastructure and delivering the appropriate evaluation, ROI, savings, and proposed operational evolution.
- Experience architecting IT infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Subject matter expertise and certifications in Cloud, Security or Unified Communications.
- Advanced design and experience with current networking, application and security. When you join Verizon... You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon. Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Senior Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!