Company: General Parts
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Commercial Kitchen Service TechnicianSummary: The Technician
provides customer service in the field to troubleshoot, diagnose,
and repair commercial cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Functions: (Essential
functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed
- Properly troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs commercial
cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC equipment.
- Provides highest level of service to the customer and
professionally communicates the service needed to
- Defines service problems, collects data, establishes facts, and
draws valid conclusions about the work needing to be
- Legibly completes paperwork for all services performed on
behalf of the customer.
- Consults with the Parts Department to get parts ordered and the
Service Department to get follow up calls scheduled.
- Communicates with manufacturers as needed to help with
diagnosing problems with equipment.
- Installs all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and
- Follows safe work practices and accident prevention
- Maintains a neat and orderly truck, along with accurate part
and tool inventory.
- Maintains productivity levels in accordance with company
- Provides technical support for our staff and other
- Consults with manufacturers, sales reps, dealers, and
- Promotes and recommends other services provided by the Company
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Non-supervisory position.
- Reports to the Service Manager or Branch Manager.
- Makes decisions that affect other people, the financial
resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization.
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Physical Demands:
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (up to 75
- Requires walking, standing, driving, sitting, squatting,
kneeling, reaching overhead, bending, twisting, and turning for the
better part of 8 hours
- Must be able to use hands for fine manipulation of hand
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Qualifications:
- Refrigeration technicians must be EPA certified
- Must have a valid driver's license from the state in which
applicant is applying and must be insurable by our auto insurance
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
- Two (2) years of education and/or experience in food service
equipment repair, or in a related area.
- Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing, and/or steam
repairs a plus
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Excellent organizational skills, must be motivated, a
self-starter, and able to follow through on duties and assignments
with minimal supervision
- High School diploma or GED
- EPA Certification a plus
General Parts offers a competitive benefit package that includes
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short and Long Term
Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance and Voluntary Life
Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Tool Allowance, Service
Vehicles and more.
If you're looking for an employer who is an industry leader that
has been in the business for over 75 years, then look no
General Parts participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: General Parts, Irving , Service Technician, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!