Principal Network Engineer
Posted on: June 14, 2019
What you'll be doing... As a Unified Transport (UT) and Transport
Planning Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for the
supporting the planning, engineering, and process improvements for
the Core Transport Network Build of the Next Generation ROADM (NGM)
& Ultra Long Haul (ULH) programs supporting Verizon Wireline &
Wireless. These Intelligent Edge (iEN) UT builds relate to the
strategic programs: 5G, Verizon Business Internet, Multi-Service
Edge, Circuit Emulation, and Migrations to new platforms to
modernize the network and decommission legacy network elements. You
will drive planning, engineering, and process improvements and
engineering best practices for Transport Engineering to achieve
targeted and scorecard measured business goals and objectives and
working with both wireline and wireless stakeholders.
- Lead the transport planning team's key strategic business
initiatives, including deployment of new network technology and the
adoption of new inventory and provisioning systems.
- Identify and resolve inefficient processes impacting the
implementation of Unified transport network infrastructure and
market delivery of Verizon's strategic products.
- Coordinate and lead the planning and forecasting of Unified
Transport network infrastructure and equipment on a regular
- Lead and coordinate transport planning teams to resolve global
implementation issues preventing the progress of UT build.
- Support communication of Unified Transport team's build
progress, process improvements, and root cause analysis of program
- Partner with stakeholders to resolve issues to ensure the
network is designed according to the network planning architecture
plan and that the builds are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform and provide data analysis, reports, and presentations
for transport planning stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team to present recommendations on
enhancements to increase efficiency, cost effectiveness and network
- Identify Unified Transport implementation and planning delays
and coordinate stakeholders to resolve.
- Develop collaborative working relationships across the Verizon
stakeholders and subject matter experts to enable successful
Unified Transport implementation.
- Actively seek partnerships to drive innovation, process
improvement and interval reduction.
- Act and execute Unified Transport as a client representative
with Information Technology (IT) to develop tools via the SAFe
agile project development process. What we're looking for... You'll
need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% Even better if you have:
- A degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- PMP Certification.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma and/or relevant experience When
you join Verizon... You'll be doing work that matters alongside
other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and
things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest
and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband,
cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in
areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you
great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is
a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you
think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at
Verizon. Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees'
differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Principal Network Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!