Cloud Security Engineer
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting,
rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent
protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you
make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here,
youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways
you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a
company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using
and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
**In addition to Irving, TX, we are open to candidates in the
following markets: Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ; Chicago, IL**
Cybersecurity is a highly dynamic field requiring ongoing education
and exploration. We develop each other by keeping employees current
on the latest skillsets through classes, certifications, and
conferences. If you are a Cloud Security professional seeking to
make an impact in a dynamic field, you will find our Allstate
environment to be collaborative, inclusive, and full of growth
opportunities. Stepping into this opportunity, you will join the
Cloud Security team within Allstate Information Security (AIS). As
a Cloud Security Engineer, you will design and build cloud security
solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of
cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need
to protect Allstate against ongoing and potential security threats.
This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical
ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies and the
tenacity to get the job done Globally.Key Responsibilities
- You will drive cloud security engineering for our enterprise IT
and Business IT teams in both IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS
- You will be an active member of Design & Build IT projects,
steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading
security with your domain expertise.
- You will actively assess existing cloud implementations,
identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- You will engineer and implement new cloud security tools to
feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations,
to include the security impact of proposed modifications,
additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated
threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish
and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives,
process improvements and effective IT security controls.
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software
tools and ability to automate.
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems
monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall
efforts to minimize system downtime.
- Thorough understanding of DevOps ideologies and ability to
drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology
within the organization.
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and
risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the
requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy
including both infrastructure and applications.
- Lead security and compliance based projects.
- Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems,
applications, and database and security issues and
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information
Systems Management, Information Technology or other related
- 6+ years experience as a Security Engineer supporting software
architecture development environments.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Ruby).
- Experience and understanding of cloud platforms (AWS,
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations,
security, automation and orchestration.
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards
and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in
accordance with stated criteria.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS,
HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS.
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs,
IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP.
- Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover
implementations for network infrastructure and server systems.
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps
between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver.
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of, and
sometimes ambiguous, requirement.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards
package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and
dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus,
youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance
your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified
individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a
veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Keywords: Allstate, Irving , Cloud Security Engineer, Engineering , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!