Director, Program Management
Company: Sirius XM Radio
Posted on: February 15, 2020
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading
audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely
positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering
the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences
to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our
talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the
forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our
current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Director of Program Management is a key role within SiriusXM CVSI's
Agile product delivery system. Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to, development of OEM interaction best-practices,
drive accountability and challenge business and technical program
team members, be able to effectively communicate with business and
technical staff, conduct program governance in a multi-cultural
environment with sometimes large numbers of internal and external
stakeholders. Fiscally responsible for Program budgets and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
The Program Management Director will through business and technical
leadership acumen drive high profile internal and / or OEM
* Directs all phases of company programs from inception through
Company production launch including strategic planning, program
budgeting, process improvements, and standardization where
suitable, as well as synchronization between Company milestones and
OEM / third party milestones.
* Plans, drives and has responsibility for all aspects of technical
program governance, communication plans, escalation procedures,
program cost / budget management, program level inter-dependencies
management between stakeholders.
* Guide and lead the program teams by establishing actionable
deliverables and demonstrable features / capabilities, reports in
clear and easy to understand formats both internally and
* Manages technical programs within an Agile test driven
development environment in the context of larger externally
dictated, sometimes fixed, program milestones.
* Act as the primary internal contact for program activities,
leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost,
schedule, quality and technical performance.
* Manage all facets of deliverables through the life cycle from a
pre-RFx state, sourcing, onboarding, requirements and specification
creation through the build, validation and launch phases of the
* Ensures the efficient and productive use of resources and conveys
requirements to program members and leadership.
* Actively challenge, in a positive and constructive manner,
business or technical solutions, methodologies, procedures and ways
of thinking with business and technical team members to drive
improvements in speed, cost and quality of solutions.
* Govern programs proactively with a clear understanding and
execution of program level risk management. Holding team members
accountable to provide clear recovery or mitigation plans as
* Adapting reporting formats and content to fit a wide variety of
audiences from senior executives to working level teams both
internally and OEM / partner facing.
* Actively participate in resources and capacity management
* Be able to drive, lead or contribute on contractual agreements,
SOWs, RFXs, etc.
Be an effective leader of Program Teams and establish respect
through leadership in a dotted line environment. Develop said
team's program delivery capabilities, leverage lessons learned from
previous program launches and continuously enhance approach, tools
and methodologies. Ensure successful quality product program
launches, on time, within budget.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field, MS preferred. Business and
technical degree combinations are especially sought after. A
minimum of 10 years' experience in relevant fields is required. 5
of those years should be in some technical capacity and 5 in a
manager, sr. manager or director level capacity. A huge plus if
experienced with a strong product development background. An
additional plus if at least a portion of those years were spent
being with an automotive OEM / OEM Tier 1 or other multi-national
corporation. Experience with vehicle system integration, launch or
program management in a global environment (multi-cultural
exposure) is strongly recommended. Project / program management
certification is a plus but can be replaced by system design or
technical leadership experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent public speaking, verbal and written presentation skills
is a must
* Can quickly produce esthetically pleasing and informative
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff at all
levels, internally as well as externally
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Driven self-starter and initiative taker
* Ability to see opportunities and solutions instead of obstacles
* A program delivery team motivator with strong collaboration
* Ability to handle significant fiscal responsibilities, tracking
* Attentive listener with ability to self-critique and be open to
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Meticulous attention to details and organizational skills
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
* Ability to see details in context of the big picture
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize
and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
* Excel and PowerPoint skills are especially important
* Presentation techniques training is a strong plus
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work
environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and
cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race,
creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or
citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender
identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or
waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Keywords: Sirius XM Radio, Irving , Director, Program Management, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!