Transportation / DOT CEI Program Manager
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since
1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals
providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation,
water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive,
cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative
problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every
day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to
client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and
thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and
civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with
innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated,
award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their
objectives - from project inception through design and execution.
Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together,
Kleinfelder is seeking a Transportation / DOT CEI Program Manager
for our Texas operations.
Project experience should include serving as the Owner's on-site
representative on heavy civil engineering projects including
utility construction, roadway construction and structure
Background should include serving TxDOT as an Area Engineer or in a
similar capacity. The ideal candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil
Engineering and Construction Methods, Materials and Equipment
including TxDOT CEI Procedures, Standards and Specifications.
- The ability to understand, explain and administer TxDOT
contracts especially related to final project certifications on
federally funded projects.
- Ability to interpret construction plans, provisions, standards
and specifications, document deficiencies and follow them through
to satisfactory conclusion.
- Ability to train, coordinate and supervise subordinate
- Ability to represent Kleinfelder to TxDOT and various
municipalities, the public and the media in regard to execution and
close out of State and Federally funded construction projects.
- Experience having full responsibility of budget and
- Monitor, inspect, sample, measure, attend, observe or conduct
tests and investigations, and conduct any other oversight
respecting any part or aspect of the Project or the Work.
- Lead and direct multiple members of the Kleinfelder team
including subordinate inspectors and engineers as well as
subcontractors in the execution of transportation construction
projects with State and Federal funding.
- Operate with a high degree of independence, self-direction and
- Responsible for obtaining, verifying, and maintaining project
documentation pertaining to daily work activities, record drawings,
project events, correspondence, and recordkeeping.
- Responsible for reviewing and recommending acceptance of change
proposals and will render impartial interpretations of the contract
- Effective communication and contact with project personnel,
client, utility companies, and the public.
- Supervise employees as assigned to ensure compliance of all
work with proper documentation and sampling and testing frequencies
- Manage other duties as assigned.
- Identify and track potential projects, identify / develop
teaming partners for project pursuits, prepare qualification
packages and proposals, develop / maintain client relations, manage
staff and ensure project delivery.
- Required to be a registered and licensed professional engineer
in the state of Texas at the time of the RFQ submittal deadline or
within six months of Notice of Award per the Texas Engineering
- Must have TxDOT pre-qualifications (at a minimum) in:
11.1.1 Roadway Construction Management and Inspection
11.2.1 Major Bridge Construction Management and Inspection
12.1 Materials Testing
12.1.1 Asphalt Concrete
12.1.2 Portland Cement Concrete
12.2.1 Plant Inspection and Testing
15.1 Right of Way Surveys
15.2.1 Design and Construction Survey
- Demonstrated successful past experience with similar
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and
TxDOT's, SharePoint, and Primavera a plus.
- 15 years of related experience, 5-10 years project management
experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
required. 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required.
- Experience as a TxDOT Area Engineer preferred.
- Valid state Driver's License required.
- Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions and traverse
rough, steep terrain while performing duties.
Education: BS degree in civil engineering or related.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package,
including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan,
and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA
and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes
from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed
Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree
to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the
event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a
previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of Kleinfelder.
Keywords: Kleinfelder, Irving , Transportation / DOT CEI Program Manager, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!