Director, Environment Health & Safety (EHS)
Company: The Griffin Groupe
Posted on: February 25, 2021
View all jobs Director, Environment Health & Safety (EHS)
Irving, TX Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive
Industry: Electrical and Utilities
Location: Irving, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Director, Environment Health & Safety (EHS)
The Griffin Groupe is sourcing Certified Safety Professionals for a
valued client in the electrical and utilities industry. The ideal
candidate will be a subject-matter expert in Electrical Safety best
practices and lead a world-class electrical safety program; drive
adherence to safe work practices by formulating and directing
safety training, oversight, policies and procedures which ensure a
safe workplace and continuous reduction of incidents throughout the
Company's operations in North America.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 10+ years safety experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Utility or electrical experience
- Master's degree in Occupational Safety or equivalent
- Possess a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A subject matter expert on all aspects of safety
- Focused on continuing education on regulatory issues and
- Develop, execute and drive the approved EHS strategic
- Proactively identify, develop, aggressively pursue, and
implement strategic, operational and work process improvements
within the EHS department and production operations which support
an incident-free workplace.
- Mitigate unsafe working conditions and unsafe employee
behaviors through safety hierarchy controls, engineering controls,
training programs and directing management on safety
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety
regulations, and keep abreast of any changes to laws and
regulations that impact the organization.
- Proactively collaborate with Workforce Development department
to create and implement effective production safety new hire
orientation and refresher training programs with 100% worker
- Develop and implement programs which ensure that production
personnel meet safety requirements before doing work.
- Regularly visit varied field production locations to coach,
mentor and monitor safety professionals, production managers and
employees regarding world-class safety practices.
- Be an active resource and advisor to all managers and
production personnel as it pertains to electrical safety and
- Develop and enforce EHS procedures, policies and programs for
all production departments and monitor safety compliance to reduce
- Prepare, analyze and report safety statistics and trend
analysis on leading and lagging safety indicators, through regular
monitoring and reporting of KPI's, and quickly address and drive
down any negative trends.
- Ensure that required work area site inspections, safety audits
and employee observations are being performed as required in all
production departments and job sites.
- Manage incidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions and
events; perform, assist and/or support incident
- Ensure federal, state, and local OSHA compliance of safety and
- Manage EPA and OSHA records for the company.
- Manage, mentor and support all safety personnel to effectively
execute the Company's EHS strategies and procedures, with
particular attention to electrical safety expertise.--
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health,
environmental science, or related subject preferred
- NFPA CESCP (NFPA Certified Electrical Safety Compliance
Professional) a plus.
- Professional designation like OHST, ASSP, or CSP is
- Applicable training and certifications in CPR, First Aid, and
OSHA 30 hour.
- Requires at five years of strong electrical safety management
- Five years of strong leadership experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Certifications in ASSE, NFPA, National Safety Council, and/or
- Must be an effective communicator verbally, in writing, and
presenting to groups in a professional manner.
- Must be computer literate, with proficiency using MS Office
(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Internet searching, and general
MS Windows user.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as a member
of a team.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a strenuous and fast-paced
- Strong professional writing, analytical and problem-solving
-- Thomas Schortmann Managing Partner 774-773-9321 x302
Keywords: The Griffin Groupe, Irving , Director, Environment Health & Safety (EHS), Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!