General Manager-Task Force Select Service Division
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
In this role you will be responsible for supporting Highgate's
Select Service Portfolio for the Eastern Region. The General
Manager Task Force is responsible for continually focusing on
achieving assigned hotel profitability through revenue generation,
cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while
maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
You will be responsible to travel and fill in for key General
Manager vacancies in your assigned region.
- Tour the operating departments daily, making adjustments as
needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions
presented by managers and self using the steps to effective
training according to Highgate Hotel standards, and the review of
previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers,
M.I.D.'s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
levels and Highgate Hotel standard checkbook accounting
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency
training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct a daily HHBR
meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account
calls each person will make and the potential business results of
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on
top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and
receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly
and monthly basis.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of
- Adhere to all Highgate Hotel policies and procedures and train
new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel budget process as
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each
department using the steps to effective training according to
Highgate Hotel standards, including compliance in all departments
to Highgate Hotel Garden Standard of the Week training.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest, through employee development and
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly,
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, managers
and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position, by estimating
revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected
data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s. Ensure that all
managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing
and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant
management position within the hotel prior to any offer being
- Perform all Executive Committee members performance appraisals
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s, and ensure that managers are
in compliance with the standards in their administration of
performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are
in compliance with the standards in their administration of
counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President or
Regional Director of Operations.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and
potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and monthly safe audits are followed and
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active
role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Irving , General Manager-Task Force Select Service Division, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!