Director - Solution Delivery and Support
Company: Michaels Stores
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Support Center - IrvingWe're here for the Makers! Come be a part
of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support
the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team
Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels
BenefitsCO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position
you are applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT and
The Director - Solutions Delivery & Support is accountable for all
aspects of the IT lifecycle for an assigned department or
functional area of the company. This position is the primary
contact and liaison with the business function it supports
providing leadership in planning business needs, roadmaps,
solutions, and budgets for that department or business function.
This position is responsible for the overall success and
development of the program, as well as assigned project managers
and is the liaison between business leaders and technical
community, including providing education, updates and key
performance metrics to business partners.
Major ActivitiesBusiness Partnership, guidance and leadership in
- Owns product lifecycle activities of the solutions in the
respective area, including solution architecture, buy/build
decisions, and enhance, upgrade, sunset decisions.
- Helps business identify and qualify business development
opportunities leading to the Solution Roadmaps.
- Plan and run overall governance and IT work intake process for
assigned business unit across the full range of IT solutions and
- Participate in cross-functional governance process.
- Prioritize work with business partners and utilizing the
established governance process.
- Maintains close relationship with the business to understand
the strategy and related objectives; is able to translate business
requirements into actionable IT activities.
- Helps business with design and optimization of business
- Gets results by acquiring appropriate internal or external
resources or products.
- Educates business partners on the scope of IT solutions and
- Analysis: Logically breaks down problems into their essential
elements; carries out diagnosis and develop solutions.
- Leads design of the Solution Roadmaps and acts as a visionary
of solutions in the respective functional area. Must be in tune
with changes in business initiatives and directions and can
translate to changes in the Roadmaps and IT Initiatives.
- Supports team members and empowers them so they can complete
their activities in timely manner and with quality.
- Builds teams that are effective, creative and generate positive
environments. Promotes the success of others and constructively
- Leads matrixed teams in the development of master plans that
model program commitments and timing.
- Assesses program requirements, while developing and
recommending a sound approach/application to meet the needs of the
program and client.
- Ensures that program deliverables satisfy requirements.
- Coordinates resource usage by increasing or decreasing
resources to reflect program needs.
- Facilitates status review meetings among program team members
- Conducts Program status meetings with senior management.
- Communicates program vision, goals, and objectives of the
- Coordinates issue/risk resolution between teams. Communicates
issues/problems to the entire team immediately when the impact of
waiting/following normal status schedules may adversely affect the
program. Advises senior management on project management capability
and risk. Identifies and recommends contingency measures.
- Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets,
schedules and staffing requirements for cross-functional project
- Change agent to the business for needed system upgrades or
changes for assigned functional areas or business segments.
- Leads change management activities; conducts assessments and
participates in root cause analysis; prioritizes implementation
changes; provides change request approvals.
- Responsible for overall customer service levels and managing
and mitigating overall IT risk.
- Partners with business, other IT groups, and co-source partner
teams in Incident and Problem Management efforts.
- Understands and shares IT support activities and trends,
manages to assigned budgets.
- Oversees the effort to create training materials where
- Ensures project deliverables are met and user satisfaction has
- Leads the effort to provide functional support for the business
during implementation and post-implementation phases of a
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS Degree, or equivalent experience in Computer Science,
Information Systems, Business Administration or finance
Minimum Special Certifications Or Technical Skills
- Varies by support area
Minimum Type Of Experience The Job Requires
- 10+ years of experience in progressively responsible IT
positions; leadership or relevant areas of business
- Experience in project planning and management
- Understanding of systems development life cycle including
issue, risk and scope management
- Understanding of test strategies, test plans, and test
- Retail system or business experience
- Extensive experience implementing business intelligence
strategy and systems
- Must possess strong analytical skills, team building skills,
financial analysis skills and strong problem solving and
Preferred Type Of Experience The Job Requires
- Experience working with outsource vendor partners, both on site
and offshore, highly preferred
- 7+ Years of Workday, HR, and Payroll
- 7+ Years in Financial Systems
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal
requirements of the job.
Keywords: Michaels Stores, Irving , Director - Solution Delivery and Support, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!