Manager - Corporate Attorney
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Support Center - IrvingWe're here for the Makers! Come be a part
of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support
the most exciting missions in the world! Michaels is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all
Makers to create, innovate and be better together. To review a
comprehensive list of benefits, please visit CO, CT and NYC only
-To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please
visit The Manager - Corporate Attorney is responsible for providing
legal support and guidance to Michaels leadership and team members
in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, contracts
management, corporate transactions and compliance. Regular duties
including drafting and reviewing contracts and contract templates,
responding to, managing, and assisting business clients, and
representing Michaels in contract negotiation. The subject matter
of the contracts is very diverse and this position will have the
opportunity to interface with team members across the organization.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts on behalf of the Company
across various departments in the organization, including but not
limited to Information Technology, Transportation, Benefits and
- Provide prompt and sound subject matter advice and counsel to
business partners at all levels regarding agreements, business risk
and contract negotiation.
- Interface with Non-Merchandise Procurement (NMP) and facilitate
attorney-level review of agreements under NMP's purview.
- Maintain contract policies; research, update and maintain
standard provisions to better position Company.
- Maintain standard and master agreement templates.
- Implement contract management system. Minimum Education
- JD requiredMinimum Special Certifications or technical skills
- Licensed to practice law and an active member in good standing
of at least one state bar.Minimum Type of experience the job
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in contract review and
negotiation, either at a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Experience counseling business clients and helping manage
- Strong legal writing and other legal transactional skills.Other
- Exceptional legal research skills and analytical
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding negotiation and persuasive skills and
- Ability to work independently and prioritize a large quantity
of tasks with sensitive deadlines in a constantly changing
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous
- Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions within areas
of responsibility under minimal oversight.
- Ability to collaborate with, and effectively utilize, internal
and external resources with minimal supervision. Preferred
- JD degree from a top 50 law school Preferred Type of experience
the job requires
- Prior working experience within the retail or consumer
- Experience implementing a contract management system
- Agility in working on diverse subject matters
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Strong advocacy skills
- Excellent organizational skills Applicants in the U.S. must
satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the
Keywords: Michaels, Irving , Manager - Corporate Attorney, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!