Professional Services Resource Deployment Manager
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Professional Services Resource Deployment ManagerVerizon is one
of the world's leading providers of technology and communications
services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a
diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a
better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the
speed of technology, and the space to create within every role.
Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream
it. Build it. Do it here.What you'll be doing... Your focus will be
on the growth and development of the Professional Services
organization. The primary responsibility of the Lead Resource
Capacity Manager is to manage resourcing for all potential and
assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be
the liaison among the Professional Services organization Delivery
Leaders as it relates to resourcing across all work. The Resource
Manager also works directly with Talent Acquisition and HR to
facilitate appropriate staffing across the department based on
aggregate understanding of project requirements. The Resource
Manager will also ensure that project resourcing is managed in
order to assure timely delivery and must communicate to appropriate
Project Managers resourcing issues that may impact scheduled
deadlines. You will also enforce company processes by utilizing and
requesting all Project Managers use proper procedures when
You will be focused on guiding the team process to deliver
workforce and staffing plans. Learning foundational skills for
manager and practice trajectories including managing people and
stakeholders and/or building and modeling deep discipline
- Manage the annual workforce planning and budgeting exercise for
assigned Delivery Practice.
- Implement and execute mechanisms to capture resource demand and
capacity plans, allowing for real-time data availability for
- Continuously review/analyze resource demand and capacity.
- Monitor effectiveness of resource plans, apply learnings to
- Perform trend analyses to highlight critical utilization,
demand, capacity, and performance risk factors.
- Develop and manage a cross-training program for the
Professional Services team, including curriculum, content
development and delivery vehicles with the end goal of maximizing
billable resource utilization.
- Partner with PS Operations team to ensure accurate visibility
into the pipeline for forward looking capacity planning.
- Manage overall training/cross-training, hiring recommendations
based on forecasted resource needs.
- Ensure the right resources, with the right skill sets,
available at the right times.
- Arrange weekly meetings with the Professional Services
Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new
business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as
resource and change control matters. Where you'll be working: In
this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes
work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. What
we're looking for... You're highly analytical and have an eye for
detail and accuracy. Making sense of quantitative data is a real
strength of yours and you manage to synthesize complex information
into easily understood insights. People look to you to solve
problems and dig deep into issues. You're more than equipped to
build strong, lasting, trusting relationships. People trust you and
come to you for advice. You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in consulting.
- Experience in project management.
- Willingness to travel. Even better if you have one or more of
- Resource Management Certified Professional.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of Professional Services. If Verizon and this
role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if
you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.Our credo is at
the core of the
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Professional Services Resource Deployment Manager, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!