Global Financial Crimes Compliance Testing - Assistant Vice President
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?Discover
your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the
5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're
180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering
shared and sustainable growth for a better world.With a vision to
be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our
culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and
collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This
means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you
to own your career.Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and
making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position.
The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of
two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.Job
Summary:Responsible for supporting the Global Compliance Testing
function in performing deep dives and targeted risk-based thematic
reviews of Financial Crimes Compliance (AML, Sanctions, ABC) and
Core Compliance processes globally with an emphasis on the design
and effectiveness of measures (controls) taken to monitor and
mitigate applicable risk.Major Responsibilities:
- Engage directly with management with a goal to independently
lead end-to-end compliance testing reviews, applying the Bank's
testing methodology for MUFG Bank locations globally.
- Apply the bank's testing methodology and create testing
workpapers to evaluate the effectiveness of existing financial
crimes and/or core compliance frameworks including the design and
implementation of relevant controls, such as escalation processes,
documentation of policies and procedures, reporting, list
screening, regulatory change management, governance framework, and
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand business and
functional requirements and support management in developing test
plans, scripts, procedures, and sampling methodologies that
incorporate regulatory expectations, industry developments, lessons
learned from regulatory findings and internally identified issues
by compliance testing and internal audit.
- Engage review stakeholders during testing and monitoring
reviews and provide credible challenge to ensure financial crimes
and/or core compliance controls are adequately evaluated.
- Play a leading role in financial crimes and/or core compliance
related projects and engage with global and regional compliance
management in the implementation of a coordinated, consistent, and
risk-based testing program.
- Assist in developing and maintaining quality control processes
to drive adherence to Global Testing Standards.
- Drive central coordination, governance, and reporting,
leveraging regional structures and best practices.
- Apply in-depth subject matter and industry expertise in
preparing/reviewing reports summarizing the objectives, scope,
findings, and conclusions of completed testing.
- Support management in the validation of Management Action Plans
designed to address remediation efforts and testing review
- Play a leading role and provide guidance to Analysts in
coordinating with Issues Management for monitoring and tracking
resolution of testing findings, including validating actions taken
to resolve previously identified issues.
- Monitor developments, such as changes in the regulatory
environment, financial crime/core compliance risks and industry
developments which may necessitate ad hoc testing.
- Play a key role in the development and enhancements to testing
methodology, standards and procedures, Annual Test Plan, and
- Support general compliance activities and other duties,
including special projects as assigned
- Regularly assume a leadership role within teams to provide
coaching and training of team members as required.Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including experience in the
financial crimes compliance and/or core compliance area of a global
bank, consulting firm, or regulatory agency.
- Experience with performing compliance testing, quality
control/assurance processes or internal/external audits
- Knowledge of financial crimes compliance and/or core compliance
laws and regulations.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Experience in working in diverse teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS Degree required; CPA, and/or CAMS a plus.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging
the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our
workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex,
age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military
status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic
information, or any other status of an individual or that
individual's associates or relatives that is protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid
Keywords: MUFG, Irving , Global Financial Crimes Compliance Testing - Assistant Vice President, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!