Company: Chuck E Cheese
Posted on: November 23, 2022
1707 MARKET PLACE BLVD, SUITE 200
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family,
and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place
for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and
operator of Chuck E. Cheese's restaurants has an immediate opening
at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for an experienced
Design Manager in our Construction Department.
- Develop preliminary seating and site layouts for remodels,
expansions, and new stores.
- Adapt prototype exterior designs to non-typical buildings for
potential new stores.
- Scope stores and develop preliminary scope of work and design
recommendations for capital projects.
- Research and Development: carpet, furniture, lighting, wall
finishes, seating (i.e., benches) decor, kid check stand, etc.
- Direct the design process from preliminary design through
executive budget approval for all capital projects:
- Conduct kick-off meetings to ensure scope and CEC design
criteria is executed with each project, and to identify items with
major cost or schedule impact. Compile kick off notes to send the
project in the right direction.
- Develop preliminary design package in conjunction with the
architectural team to include floor plan, site plan, exterior
elevations, and scope of work.
- Determine if additional costing approval is needed after
contractor costing. Obtain appropriate level of approvals if
- Assist the architectural team with city approvals or
- Direct the architectural team to ensure timely completion of
architectural drawings and submittal deadlines.
- Maintain accurate prototypical drawings, issue design
directives as new details are adopted, and ensure CEC design intent
is accurately reflected in all capital projects.
- Provide preliminary cost estimates for capital projects, GEC's,
remodels, expansions, and new stores.
- Review all project costs at the costing milestone including
contractor preliminary costing, municipal fees, vendor quotes, etc.
in order to provide accurate project costs for executive pro forma
- Support the CEC international franchisee during the planning,
design, and construction of new stores.
- Support marketing as required for new stores and remodels
- Oversee the construction process for the build out of Chuck E.
Cheese's New Stores, Expansions, and Remodels:
- Assemble Construction budgets
- Insure accurate and timely ordering of all owner supplied
materials and equipment.
- Prepare Construction schedules and transportation schedules
with the Director of Construction.
- Coordinate and communicate game plans to Operations.
- Conduct on site visits for Due Diligence, Progress Reports,
Punch list inspections, and Warranty inspections.
- Manage projects to design standards and within budgets.
- Update information with the internal Data Base and ensure
closeout documents are received and archived properly.
- Manage Design vendors
- 5+ years of restaurant/multi-unit experience required
- Restaurant design experience required
- Strong leadership skills and experience interacting with
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%, some travel could be
- Excellent financial acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Auto CAD, Photoshop,
SharePoint & Workday#diversity #inclusion #culture
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the
ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift,
pull, push between 1 - 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with
the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to
work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family
entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter
Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand
Pasqually's Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy
Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to
create positive, lifelong memories for families through
entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees
operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter
Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign
countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated
to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including
medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement
savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall
employment package. We also offer job training and career growth
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect
the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many
guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not
discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color,
genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Keywords: Chuck E Cheese, Irving , Design Manager, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!