SVP ORM Enterprise Resiliency Operational Risk Manager (C14)
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Operational Risk Group Sr. Manager is accountable for
management of complex /critical/ large professional disciplinary
areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a
comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and
how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the
function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of
technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a
necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of
services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions.
Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate
internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication
may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area.
Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning.
Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term
planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management
responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of
people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation,
compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and
The mandate of the Independent Operational Risk Management function
to oversee and challenge Citi's Enterprise Resiliency Management
organization is expanding to include review and challenge of
non-Franchise Critical Business Processes (FCBP), Critical
Operations, Global Business Services to include Critical Business
Services (CBS) and Impact Tolerances.
The Independent Enterprise Resiliency Risk Management organization
is restructuring itself to better support the business operations
in remediation activities. By implementing an effective business
sector and regional resilience oversight model connected across
Critical Business Services.
- Lead implementation and sustainment of a robust program to
perform end-to-end reviews of Business Recovery, Technology and
Crisis Management Plans and all associated documentation.
- Lead and coordinate test of controls and challenge sampling to
ensure the appropriate level of coverage for the review of the
Business Recovery, Technology and Crisis Management Plans and all
- Apply operational risk management guidelines and procedures for
identifying First Line of Defense risks (FLOD)
- Ensure FLOD program is effective and within in Risk Appetite
set by Citi.
- Provide challenges on Key Indicators and Material Operational
- Analyze, capture, and report risks
- Work with First Line of Defense in the review of the
documentation and reporting
- Provide critical analysis and input into the review process as
- Assist in key policy adherence and monitoring/reporting
- Keep Management aware of the risk and control environment
through continuous and open communication, and follow-up on issues,
concerns, and corrective action plans.
- Ensure adherence to the Citi Operational Risk Policy in regard
to operational loss approvals and reporting.
- Ensure a sound control environment from a COB/Operational
Resilience perspective, including adherence to relevant policies
- Serve as main point of contact for audit groups for COB related
open issues and ensure that all audit requests are timely and
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency. People:
- Lead resiliency teams to manage staff including training and
career development plans and to ensure high morale among
prevention, detection, and recovery staff
- Champion enterprise resiliency awareness and best practice
sharing with various stakeholders and aid in the development of
continuity/resiliency risk management training modules
- Raise the level of operational resiliency awareness among
country officers and other related staff Skills:
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse
backgrounds and positions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate complex analytical ideas effectively and
- Ability to influence and stablish relationships with key
stakeholders from remote locations Functional Background:
- Project management
- Understanding of consumer banking business, systems and
- Policy formulation Technical Skills:
- Deep understanding of technology risk management and response
plan cycle management
- Thorough understanding of global business continuity practices
and industry trends Competencies:
- Strong business drive and ability to mobilize organizational
commitment and support for regional programs
- Regulatory Risk and Compliance
- Leadership skills and ability to deliver results, working with
cross-functional and virtual teams
- Good business understanding and working knowledge of Risk,
Operations and Technology Qualifications:
- 10+ years of Business Continuity, Technology Disaster Recovery,
Operational Resiliency or Risk Management
- Experienced Operational Risk and Resilience practitioner with
extensive first Line and/or second Line experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; Must be
articulate and persuasive.
- Ability to drive change to business practices by working
effectively. Self-starting with the ability to multitask and
- Ability to work in a team environment, listen and work well
- Client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints.
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast
- Demonstrated analytical skills with follow-up and
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve
quality, controls, and efficiency
- Demonstrated effectiveness across all components within the
Business Continuity field.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Ability to establish and implement a program.
- Skillful understanding of business continuity and disaster
recovery management lifecycle.
- Thought leadership and clarity in presenting ideas to senior
- Proven technical knowledge of resilience and recovery
principles and processes, to include up to date knowledge of
current technology solutions, including Cloud and hybrid third
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements underpinning standards,
including, NIST, ISO, FFIEC, DRI, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with follow-up and
problem-solving capability. Development Value:
- This role entails a unique opportunity for building a robust
career in Operational Resiliency Risk Management with exposure to
the life-cycle of all consumer products in the domestic and
international markets. Valuing Diversity:
The candidate should demonstrate an appreciation of a diverse
workforce, should appreciate differences in style or perspective
and use differences to add value to decisions or actions and
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This job description does not constitute an offer of employment.
Any offer and subsequent employment may be subject to certain terms
and conditions, including a number of screening conditions such as
a satisfactory criminal records bureau check
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred -
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
Risk Exposure Monitoring & Management
Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$126,510.00 - $189,760.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021 . click apply for full job details
Keywords: Citi, Irving , SVP ORM Enterprise Resiliency Operational Risk Manager (C14), Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!