Assistant Market Manager/Property Management
Company: Second Avenue
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Second Avenue is recruiting a Assistant Market Manager for its
Property Management division in the Dallas/Ft Worth region. Single
Family Property Management Preferred - Property Management
Experience a MUST. Second Avenue is the premier platform for
enabling institutions to deploy meaningful capital into
single-deeded residential assets (SFR) while retaining control and
valuable lines of sight into their investments over time. Second
Avenue's proprietary technology and exclusive relationships have
allowed it to bring scale to scattered single family investment
homes, a strategy that was previously untenable as an institutional
asset class. The Company provides all aspects of sourcing,
acquisition and property management services for its clients. We
offer a positive culture and professional work environment. Please
visit our website for additional background on our business
platform - www.secondavenue.com We are looking for an experienced
property management professional with single-family management
experience and a proven track record regarding essential duties
with respect to optimizing performance of the assigned rental
portfolio and new acquisitions, renovations, leasing, collections,
resident service, expense control, maximizing revenue, information
reporting and compliance with applicable statutes and company
policies. Our processes are streamlined and intended to provide a
wide range of full-service support to an integrated management
platform that utilizes a high level of depth of experience and
technology to deliver the highest level of service and performance
to investors, team members and residents. We offer a positive
culture and professional work environment. Please see our website
for additional background on our business platform -
www.secondavenue.com. Duties and Responsibilities
- High volume leasing position requiring strong organizational
skills and ability to work evenings and weekends as lead volume
- Price rents on newly acquired properties and on proposed
acquisitions during the due diligence period, gauging
forward-looking rents using MLS and other web-based resources, as
well as solid market awareness of the Dallas area and surrounding
- Prequalify prospects, including front-end application review
and screening and submission of income and supporting application
documents via system and review and execute leases for new and
- Facilitate resident issues, getting their inquiries to the
appropriate area of support within the organization.
- Manage local employees and vendors effectively and
- Communicate with supervisor and/or property owners regarding
the overall function of the rental properties.
- Process resident applications, Execute new and renewal
- Coordinate move-outs; NTV, process closing statements.
- Perform rental property inspections, ensure positive visual
appeal of property conditions.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness
- correct deficiencies.
- Deliver positive customer service experience during all
interaction with clients, associates, peers, support groups,
suppliers and residents.
- Effectively communicate company goals, initiatives, and
programs, to ensure compliance with same.
- Comply with all company standards, applicable health and safety
rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and
- Maintain budgeted occupancy levels, budgeted rental rates, and
other rental property goals.
- Provide underwriting of proforma rent levels for new
- Assist in oversight of maintenance/turnkey operations.
- Assist in coordinating acquisition and renovation activities.
- History of strong closing history on sales/leasing
- Ability to navigate different technology platforms; candidate
will be comfortable with basic functions of all Microsoft Office
applications, including Excel.
- Knowledge of State Landlord Tenant Laws/Statutes. Knowledge of
legal notices and processes. Comprehension of federal fair housing
laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft
Outlook, Word, Excel and property operating/accounting software.
Propertyware experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, such as
profit and loss statements, general ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions. Ability to
identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business
needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain
confidentiality. Required Licenses or Certifications
- MUST have active real estate license in the state in which you
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Ability to be reachable via phone and/or email at all times,
except during approved time off.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed.
- Periodic travel within assigned portfolio or to organizational
- Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze,
coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision. Ideal Candidate
Characteristics and Background:
- Minimum high school graduate required. Associates Degree or
higher degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in residential property
management with 2 years+ managerial experience.
- Able to exhibit a proven track record with respect to goal
achievement, adherence to planned timeframes and urgency of
execution of all related tasks and initiatives.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of
highly experienced peers and principals.
- Experience and knowledge with respect to accounting and
management software platforms. Propertyware and related platforms a
- Successful track record with respect to prioritizing multiple
initiatives - including rapid execution and sends of urgency
regarding completion of key tasks within set timeframes.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and
team orientation. Job Type and Compensation
- Full-time, Salaried-Exempt
- Leasing Commissions Benefits
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance, Employer paid Short Term
Disability, 401k, Paid Holidays and Vacation NOTE: This job
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other
duties may be assigned. PI200359311
Keywords: Second Avenue, Irving , Assistant Market Manager/Property Management, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!