Director, Credit Risk
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Director, Credit RiskDallas, United States of AmericaWHAT YOU
WILL BE DOINGThe Director, Credit Risk is responsible for risk
analysis and independent oversight of credit quality of assigned
portfolios. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of credit
quality including compliance with requirements of regulators and
internal control and will recommend opportunities and proposed
resolutions for improved efficiency, effectiveness, and/or risk
reduction for the department. The incumbent is responsible for
reviewing, analyzing, and/or evaluating the Company's credit risk
management program that renders risk-based processing and reporting
to reduce losses and maintain maximum protection of the
organization's assets, products, and services. S/he will recommend
opportunities and propose resolutions for improved efficiency,
effectiveness, and/or risk reduction for the department.Ensures
adherence to the policies and procedures established by the
company. Manages policy, standard definition and monitoring of
policy, standard implementation, ensuring harmonization and
consistency of risk policies. Monitors and manages risk/exposure
and compliance with the company's policies. Identifies, manages,
and reports on the company's risk areas. Evaluates the adequacy and
effectiveness of data, document retention, and monitors
- Manages and monitors the credit risk operating policies, and
standards to drive growth within risk appetite and regulatory
- Ensures that the continuous systematic monitoring processes are
able to identify alarms/alerts and implement such systems as
necessary to capture the defined risk.
- Evaluates and reports on compliance with the Credit Risk
Frameworks, policies and procedures and laws, regulations and
- Analyzes portfolio characteristics and trends across the entire
credit life cycle identifying potential deviations and areas of
concern to approved Strategic Business Plans, ensuring appropriate
action plans as needed.
- Provides a comprehensive range of risk management expertise
requiring the creation, implementation and validation of various
risk segmentation strategies using complex data.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing
leadership, guidance, and mentorship.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Work Experience: 12+ years; Risk Management, Credit Risk,
Internal Audit, or Risk Monitoring within financial industry, auto
- Demonstrated skill at building, leading and managing
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Credit Policies, procedures,
regulations and applicable law.
- Knowledge of risk management fundamentals and familiarity with
current federal and state laws and regulations, especially those of
regulatory entities that perform oversight of the banking
- Strong experience with credit risk underwriting practices,
counterparty credit risk assessment (including Financial
Institutions risk) and US Bank regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to describe
complex ideas, influence stakeholders, business units and senior
- Ability to independently operate in a complex, matrixed
environment; adept at delivering and maintaining productive working
relationships across business, functions, geographies, and lines of
- Proficiency with managing disparate stakeholders with differing
interests, including strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize activities, manage conflicts
of interest, delegate, and meet deadlines while working in a
fast-paced environment.Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we
value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to
increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone
to apply.Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.Employer Rights: Employer
Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of
the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to
perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either
you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Masters of Science (MS) English
Primary Location: -Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: -Texas-Dallas
Organization: -Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Irving , Director, Credit Risk, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!