SVP Global Wealth Management Regulatory Engagement Senior Officer
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The individual in this Personal Banking and Wealth Management
(PBWM) role will work as a senior leader across the Citi Global
Wealth businesses and functions coordinating regulatory
examinations, serving as point person for examinations - from
pre-planning through responses to supervisory findings (and
periodic reporting on supervisory findings). In addition, this
person is responsible for ongoing supervision activities by
implementing and maintaining ongoing routines as well day to day
interactions with the regulators. Critical to the early success of
this leader is their ability to build credibility and trust not
only with the core US and international regulators, but also with
the multiple client constituencies. This person will work closely
with Business Leaders in the Citi Global Wealth businesses,
Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), Legal, Operations,
Independent Risk, Internal Audit, and other cross-functional
partners to identify issues and work to resolve them.
- Manage and monitor assigned regulatory examinations to achieve
full compliance; requires directing a cross-functional team
including, but not limited to, the Citi Global Wealth business
(e.g., Citi Private Bank, Citigold, Citigold Private Client), ICRM,
Legal, Operations, Independent Risk, Internal Audit, and other
- Establish and sustain strong project management disciplines and
routines with clear accountability for the business and key
stakeholders from the regulatory examination planning period
through formal management response to regulatory supervisory
- Establish and lead formal communication processes with the
regulatory agencies to provide transparency to the business through
regular business updates (i.e., meetings) and routines.
- Provide updates to executive management and regulatory agencies
on status of regulatory examinations, including progress against
deliverables, risks identified, and any other potential
- Collaborate with PBWM and Global Wealth Management business
leaders to identity/escalate any critical examination
findings/issues, decisions, roadblocks, or delivery concerns to
- Understand regulatory frameworks and key regulatory
- Ensure alignment on approach to regulatory examinations and
regulatory interactions (i.e., meetings, ad hoc requests) across
the Global Wealth Management businesses, where applicable.
- Acts as a thought leader by developing and promoting a
standardized approach to regulatory management across the
- Promotes awareness of trends raised during exams and ongoing
supervision and drives that message across the organization.
- Provides insight to legal entity impact of exams and regulatory
priorities as applied to Citibank and Citigroup.
- Analyze regulatory reports, Management Information Systems, and
make recommendations to enhance the regulatory engagement remit.
- 10+ years of business experience in audit, control, compliance
or regulatory management in the banking or wealth management
- Previous experience of interacting and working with Executive
Leaders. The role requires leadership presence, subject matter
expertise, and the finesse to work with industry leaders and senior
- Capability to contribute to both the strategy and execution of
an associated operational plan
- Demonstrated success in managing highly complex project
management activities with agility, a sense of urgency and clear
- Capability to adapt in a constantly changing and evolving
business and control environment
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across
organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos
to optimize business results and ensure controls
- Deep analytical skills and experience in managing highly
technical and sophisticated risk management strategies. Keen
ability to quantify the benefits/savings of these risk
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented,
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills; Communicating
extensively and succinctly (orally and in writing)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong
presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems
and solutions through concise and clear messaging at multiple
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root
cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential
solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders in a global
- Experience coordinating with regulators and previous exposure
to internal or external control functions and regulators.
Preferably international or cross-border regulatory experience
- Professional ability and presence to interact with senior
management and regulators
- Ability to challenge management and escalate issues when
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing
- Comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills are
- Should have proficiency in Microsoft Office - particularly
Excel (metrics and data analysis), PowerPoint (presentation decks),
and Word (writing and editing documentation).
- Experience working in the Wealth business organization
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent
- Master's degree or Juris Doctor preferredThis job description
provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other
job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$170,880.00 - $256,320.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Keywords: Citi, Irving , SVP Global Wealth Management Regulatory Engagement Senior Officer , Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...