Associate Director, HRIS Governance
Posted on: May 17, 2023
About the role: The Associate Director, HRIS Governance will
play a critical role in driving consistency and accuracy across
HRIS. This role's impact lies in the ability to develop procedures,
guidelines, and best practices to ensure they are adhered to. This
role ensures the HRIS Ops and HRIS Dev teams 'run like a well-oiled
machine' and can support Gartner's growth.Additionally, this role
ensures the HR Technology stack is running on the latest version of
the software and that any updates to Production do not impact
current operations or downstream systems. What you'll do:
- Implement, enforce, and regularly assess all aspects of
Governance for HRIS Ops and Development
- Production Governance or Change Control. Develop and enforce
processes to review and approve changes in the production
environment. Conduct regular audits to ensure processes are
- Operational Governance: A routine to capture and action against
Operational Opportunities. Lead the Sprint Retrospectives (what
went well, what are the opportunities).
- Functional Governance: Develop and implement standards for
functional aspects of the work performed, for instance naming
conventions, proxy testing, Workday release management, etc.
- Establish and implement Governance & Decision-Making Model.
Lead Workday governance meetings. Prioritization and translation of
high-level operational goals into actions.
- In collaboration with the PMO, support the prioritization of
all project work for HRIS.
- Develop and enforce consistent intake process and one point of
entry for all requests.
- Manage relationship with Finance and IT to ensure holistic
- Compliance and SOX adherence. Collaborate with SOX team and
ensure HRIS is following SOX policies and procedures, including
review of control documents and execution of required SOX
- Business Process Engineering.Partner with BPO's to develop and
maintain process maps for HR processes, accounting for touchpoints
into other organizations.
- Develop process maps to include both system and non-system
- Process design for the intake, prioritization, solution design,
testing, and scheduling deployment of HCM bug/fix, enhancements,
and new functionality within the Workday platform.
- Monitor and hold team accountable to the Operational
- Tenant management: Build and maintain process around tenant
access and tenant refreshes.
- Manage JIRA enhancement requests and partner with IT to execute
(new workflow stages, components, dashboards).
- Annual Process support and enhancement of Reporting and Data
- Proactively partner with the business and Functional COEs to
understand business issues, analyze data, and suggest ways to
leverage Workday to enhance their services.
- Relationship management with HR, Payroll and IT to ensure
holistic system governance. What you'll need:
- 3-5 years' experience in HRIS/HR Analytics including strong
governance and compliance experience.
- Strong knowledge of Workday including HCM and Recruiting
- Advanced project management skills with ability to track and
lead concurrent project timelines, resource allocations, and
- Demonstrated experience implementing and leading process
- Demonstrated ability to create process mapping to document
current and future state business processes.
- A 'systems' thinker with a process orientation and significant
attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
What you'll get: In addition to an outstanding work environment
with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy
exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity,
collaboration, results, and a no-limits mindset are central to our
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals
and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards. #LI-AL1 Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and
their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter
decisions and stronger performance on an organization's most
critical priorities. We've grown exponentially since our founding
in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally
that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries. What
makes Gartner a great place to work? Our teams are composed of
individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions,
ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and
generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us
stronger-as individuals, as communities and as an organization.
That's why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year
after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World's
Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ
Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and
a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability
Equality Index.Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into
reality? Join #LifeAtGartner What we offer: Our people are our most
valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our
team, you'll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you
live your life well. These resources are designed to support your
physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage
continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning
and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups,
charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your
internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you. The
policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to
all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability,
veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to
affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment
opportunity. Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity
Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job
seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access the Company's career webpage as a result of your
disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling
Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to
ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com . Job Requisition ID:76242 By
submitting your information and application, you confirm that you
have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice
linked below applicable to your place of residence. Gartner
Applicant Privacy Link: For efficient navigation through the
application, please only use the back button within the
application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Keywords: Gartner, Irving , Associate Director, HRIS Governance, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...