General Manager Strategy and Operations - Florida
Company: 7-Eleven, Inc
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Overview--- Who we areImagine working in a place where
continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded;
where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively
drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the
world.As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee - and Big Bite -. "Brain
Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old
Slurpee - and with over 77,000 stores globally (more than any other
retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a
month.But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services. At 7-Eleven the
entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our
inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the
convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock
could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better
serve the needs of our customers. Today we are redefining
convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are
fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented,
innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you
to come make history with us.--- How we leadAt 7-Eleven we are
guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be AccountableEach principle has a defined set of behaviors
which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support
Stores.--- About This Opportunity Responsibilities7NOW is the
ecommerce division of 7-Eleven, dedicated to revolutionizing
convenience e-commerce and delivery across the United States. Our
mission is to serve our community by connecting our ecommerce
customers with merchant partners, supported by local gig-economy
drivers. As part of our integrated approach, Skipcart, which is the
last mile delivery business unit of 7-Eleven, plays a crucial role
in ensuring swift and efficient deliveries.OverviewWe are seeking
an ambitious and results-oriented leader to join our team as the
Strategy and Operations Growth General Manager Florida. In this
pivotal role, you will take ownership and accountability for all
aspects of the business in the Florida region. Your primary focus
will be driving top-line growth of order volume, owning the P/L,
and maximizing profitability. You will be leading several business
units, including 7NOW (7-Eleven's ecommerce marketplace) and
Skipcart delivery (white label delivery service). As General
Manager, you will collaborate with sales and account management to
identify and partner with merchants, oversee both offline and paid
marketing efforts, and optimize the marketplace app to attract and
retain consumers. Additionally, you will make data-driven decisions
on investments made on the consumer, merchant, and driver side. In
this role, you will indirectly manage regional sales teams,
marketing teams, and driver operations teams, while working closely
with product and engineering teams to exponentially grow the
- Define a clear vision, goals, and strategy to drive growth and
achieve targets in the Florida region.
- Partner with merchant, consumer, driver ops, product,
engineering, and analytics teams to establish goals and build
strategic programs, influencing and engaging across the
- Align and integrate the Florida region's growth objectives with
the firm's business strategy through strategic planning, data
analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Utilize strong quantitative analysis skills, including SQL,
Excel, and data analysis, to derive actionable insights and support
- Utilize SQL and Excel mastery to conduct data analysis,
identify trends, and provide actionable insights to enhance
decision-making and drive business results.
- Apply your exceptional problem-solving abilities to tackle
challenges by breaking them down and reaching the most detailed
- Embrace a bias for action and conduct scrappy tests to validate
hypotheses and drive quick and effective solutions.
- Collaborate with Product and Technology teams to identify and
implement technology enhancements for better merchant experience
and operational efficiency.
- This role will be based in Florida, preferrably Orlando.
- 2-4+ years of experience in a top tier consulting firm
(McKinsey, Bain, or BCG) and demonstrate relevant expertise in
strategy, technology, investment banking, analytics, or similar
fields, preferably in high-growth or tech businesses.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Florida region, and
ideally, have experience living in the area.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to lead and drive
cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, capable of engaging
with senior leadership and managing multiple priorities
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, including
proficiency in SQL and Excel.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a relevant
- A Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or a related
field is preferred.
- Additional professional certifications in strategy, analytics,
or relevant areas are advantageous.#INDSJ711IT#DCE-PGU
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Inc, Irving , General Manager Strategy and Operations - Florida, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!