Vice President, Strategic Business Analysis (Marketing Analytics)
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Location: Irving, TX
Department: SBA - Dallas
JOB SCOPE & PURPOSE
The Vice President within SBA at Targetbase serves as the leader for internal client teams of the analytical approaches and knowledge for clients. The Vice President (analytical lead) is responsible for the design, selling, and implementation of the analytical approaches which meet the client business needs. Analytical solutions will remain customized for each client, but the integrated thinking process and the tools/products that are leveraged will be repeatable from client to client.
- Works directly with the subject matter experts (SMEs) within SBA to develop the best possible analytical solution to solve the clients' business problems; is responsible for knowing all of the different analytical techniques and services/approaches that Targetbase offers
- Recognize the client's business problems and design the right application of SBA's techniques to those problems
- Works with a team of directors, managers, and analysts providing direction to execute the analytical work sold to the client
- Works as a strong member of the assigned Targetbase client teams, partnering with the other competency leads to create the right integrated solutions for clients
- Provides proactive ideas that drive the client's business forward; the inspiration for the ideas should come from the data insights that the analytical team draws out of the analyses and reporting work
- Is ultimately responsible for the overall generation of ideas through insights that help clients' businesses grow
--- Drives client satisfaction and overall account growth - The VP of SBA facilitates the design, selling, and execution of analytical work that drives clients' businesses forward and ensures overall account growth. All analytical deliverables will be insight-infused and of the highest quality (produced on budget and on time). This is measured by the EVP of Strategy/Analytics reviewing the execution of an analytical road map for the accounts, the quality of the analytical deliverables for the account, the feedback directly from clients on Targetbase's analytical strength as well as the overall revenue growth of the accounts.
--- Is a strong and collaborative valued partner to Client Service teams - The VP of SBA is viewed as a "valued partner" to the senior client leads. Collaborates with the other competency leads to design and sell the right solutions for clients. This is measured by the EVP of Strategy/Analytics based on client feedback as well as feedback from senior client leads and other competency leads.
--- Actively develops analytical talent - The VP of SBA provides day-to-day direction and mentorship for the directors, managers, and analysts assigned to his/her work in a way that both produces the highest quality deliverables AND provides a learning environment for analytical talent. This is measured by the analytical leadership team taken from a review of the quality of the deliverables as well as feedback from the junior staff and the talent managers.
--- Helps deliver the overall account profitability target - The VP of SBA works in collaboration with the account teams to create the scope, estimates, and deliverable plans that ensure the profitability of the analytical work. The success is measured by profitability metrics.
--- Contributes strongly to new business development and analytical competency development - The VP of SBA is an active participant in new business pitches. Also provides overall leadership for new product development, PR, and industry presence. This is measured by the EVP of Strategy/Analytics based on number of significant contributions.
--- Ensures adoption and use of SBA practices across accounts - The VP of SBA drives knowledge-sharing across accounts by implementing instances of a solution, technique, or new framework to clients. The VP is well-versed and knowledgeable about the work SBA does across the entire client base, participates in client knowledge-sharing opportunities, and works to find applications of existing techniques to his/her client issues/problems. This is measured by the analytical leadership team based on the number and type of analytical projects sold to each client and the peer feedback of SBA vice presidents and senior directors.
--- Demonstrates through day-to-day activities and leadership a commitment to the vision and guiding principles of the agency and vision and strategic plan for the SBA group - As an officer within Targetbase and the SBA group, all day-to-day activities are performed as a leader in alignment with the vision, strategy, and guiding principles of the agency. The VP is a role model for the group. This is measured by the EVP of Strategy/Analytics based on daily observation and feedback from the client and teams.
--- Accountable for all scope management, financial management, timing, and execution on all client engagements
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 10+ years of applied analytics experience
- Client side retail experience preferred
- Experience with loyalty/rewards programs
- 5+ years of experience in CRM, digital, or direct marketing is preferred
- Experience in some or all of the following areas of marketing analysis: segmentation, predictive analytics, digital analytics, measurement, business intelligence, and/or market research
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Capable of leading behavioral analysis and research initiatives from project design through communication/dissemination of relevant findings
- Can discuss and manage through digital media and marketing at an advanced level
- Advanced analysis techniques
- Proficient with SAS/SPSS and/or OLAP or data mining tools
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Effective communication and presentation skills
Keywords: Targetbase, Irving , Vice President, Strategic Business Analysis (Marketing Analytics), Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!