Company: Baylor Scott White Health
Posted on: September 14, 2018
The Director Compensation is responsible for the design, execution and management of System-wide compensation programs. The Director Compensation partners with Senior Leadership to create compensation strategies that position Baylor Scott & White Health competitively in the marketplace and support achievement of System objectives.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
1. Develop compensation programs and plans for approximately 40,000 employees system-wide (including %242B in annual salaries and over %24100M in various short- and long-term incentive plans) for all levels of the organization (executive, management and staff).
2. Counsel senior leaders on pay decisions, compensation practices, and policy and guidelines interpretation. Guide the decision-making process and final outcome by providing detailed analysis/models, innovative recommendations, and expert advice to management and HR executives.
3. Educate and coach management regarding System compensation philosophy, salary structures, market analysis, merit and bonus processes. Partner with HR Communications to develop key employee messaging on compensation topics.
4. Oversee annual implementation and administration of compensation programs and systems including merit, market and equity analysis, recommendations and adjustments, short- and long-term variable compensation. Ensures data integrity within data management and reporting.
5. Partner with Talent Acquisition executives and Executive Vice Presidents with total compensation offers and onboarding of incoming executives. Meet with executive candidates and/or new hires regarding details of compensation packages. Partner with Legal on preparation of severance packages, etc., and provide one-on-one support to exiting Executives, if necessary.
6. Lead cross-functional workgroup driving solutions that impact employee pay including mergers and acquisitions, system-wide cost-saving initiatives, audit findings, compensation program system development, integration and implementation.
7. Partner with the Compensation and Governance Committee independent consultant regarding executive compensation plans and programs requiring Committee review and approval. Provide materials and support for presentation to the Committee.
8. Lead the broad-based and executive compensation teams through first-line managers to ensure development of staff and the delivery of high quality solutions across the System. Manage annual compensation department budget of approximately %242.4M.
9. In collaboration with Legal, Accounting, Tax, Internal Audit and third-party administrators, ensure accurate reporting, budgeting and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding compensation and related issues
The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills; has excellent leadership skills and is able to develop and present information to senior leaders in the organization.
-- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
-- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
-- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
-- Tuition Reimbursement
-- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
10+ years Experience
Baylor Surg Hosp-Las Colinas (11333)
440 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway
Plaza II Suite 225
Keywords: Baylor Scott White Health, Irving , Director Compensation, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!