VP of Programs
Company: Nonprofit, Irving, TX
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Develop and ensure the implementation of the Program strategy for the organization. Oversee COMPANY’s strategic direction for outreach efforts of diverse populations, law enforcement, underage drinking, criminal justice and adult prevention programs. Foster a culture of philanthropy within COMPANY. Assure that the organization’s corporate culture, systems and procedures support the goals and objectives of COMPANY. Lead staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization. ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for the preparation and implementation of the overall strategic vision for the future of the Programs Department included but not limited to financial aspects, people development, policy/procedure compliance, capacity building revenue stream building, grant operations and community relationships. 2. Oversee and direct the Program department in the development, implementation and evaluation of core and supplemental programs on a national and local level, to include the creation and updating of materials and manuals that accompany programs for internal and external audiences. 3. Recruit, train, develop, manage and provide leadership to both direct and indirect reports. Ensure all Program staff and volunteers receive, understand and are held accountable to meet their goals and objectives. 4.Develop, implement e and manage the departmental and grant budgets.
5. Work in conjunction with Development department on fundraising proposals and direct mail materials.
6. Serve as the liaison with the Programs and Victim services Committee and its sub-committees of the National Board, providing appropriate information and materials. 7. Network and collaborate with national agencies and organizations to communicate the COMPANY mission.
8. Work with other National office departments on public relations and other opportunities to ensure consistent messaging.
9. Other duties as assigned. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Eight to ten years of progressive management experience in operations, employee management and development, volunteer management, corporate sponsors, foundations and government funding sources. Experience in the prevention and/or deterrence field is desirable. 2. Previous COMPANY experience is a plus.
3. Bachelor’s degree, in a related field or equivalent experience.
4. Ability to travel; work a flexible schedule and respond to emergency situations.
5. Ability to make presentations, good public speaking and public presence a must.
6. Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment. 7. Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language. 8. Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities. 9. Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments. 10. Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
11. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
12. Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
13. Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills. 14. Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
15. Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community. 16. Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job. 17. Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of COMPANY.
18. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, vision and management to the respective area of supervision. Must be able to develop long and short term strategies to achieve the vision and communicate appropriately to inspire support and action.
Keywords: Nonprofit, Irving, TX, Irving , VP of Programs, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!