Managing Director / Director of Security Architecture & Implementation
Company: MATRIX Resources, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Our Irving, Texas Client is seeking a-Managing Director / Director of Security Architecture & Implementation for a Direct Hire opportunity.-
The role is responsible for leading the security architecture and implementation team, providing security architecture, engineering and implementation services, managing and enforcing system development processes. The MDSAI will provide consultancy and guidance, liaising with business leaders and IT on appropriate security practices and solutions across a variety of areas such as system development lifecycle, digital technology transformation and other innovation opportunities. - The Managing Director of Security Architecture & Implementation (MDSAI) will have a proven track record within security, having dealt with areas such as SIEM, Network Security, Cloud Security, Endpoint Security, Firewalls and Zero Trust concepts. They must come from a technical background and have experience in defining and delivering security architecture in complex environments. The MDSAI serves as the 'go-to' security expert within the Strategy & Architecture team, ensuring that mechanisms are in place for information security knowledge transfer across the team delivering assurance of consistent secure designs and services across the Group. -
Key focus areas
- Develop and manage the information security architecture function to support new development and technology innovation efforts into the enterprise, as well as define enterprise security architecture standards and roadmaps
- Monitor new security developments in the industry and regulatory environments
- Help solve key business security risks and develop fact based, quantitative analysis to support business decisions.
- Developing and maintaining, in line with agreed security architecture principles,-security standards and controls framework.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and other senior IT designers to ensure Security architecture elements of projects are included.
- Conduct and/or provide input into the selection of security solutions highlighting strengths, weakness and strategic alignment making clear recommendations.
- A key Contributor to the development of information security strategy and policy
- Acting as Technical Design Authority.
- Review and assess requests that deviate from the published technical security strategies, policies and standards.
- Building and subsequently maintaining capability and technology roadmaps that define how Security-centric platforms and working practices are kept up to date providing maximum productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Maintaining key enterprise security architecture artefacts (e.g. roadmaps, target states etc.) for each of the major areas of the business showing how we evolve the IT data architecture in place over time as the company evolves.
- Provide support to development teams for enterprise wide secure coding development guidelines and standards and for implementation of a secure software development lifecycle process
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in computer science, information systems, engineering, business administration, or related field
- Post Graduate (Master-s degree preferred)
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (or other depending on role location)
- 8-10 years of experience required with at least 5 years of direct experience in Security Architecture
- Past Media and Entertainment industry experience
- Certified in one or more of the following: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, SANS GIAC Security Certifications, ITIL, ISO27001, SABSA
- Subject Matter Expertise in the Software Development Lifecycle, Security Architecture and Cyber Security required
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT and ones from NIST
- Cyber security strategy and roadmap development and implementation
- IT / Cyber Security architecture and engineering
- Information Security Reporting and Metrics
- Software security and secure coding practices
- Familiarity with BI tools and data visualization
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, individual must be a team player, strategic and analytical thinker, able to think -big picture-, as well as focus on trends and data coupled with industry themes, and able to multi-task on projects
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Possess a strong technology background with the ability to challenge or validate technology decisions from a position of knowledge and experience
- Possess the ability to rapidly assimilate business strategies, coupled with the insight to seize high impact opportunities by applying creative problem-solving solutions
- Track record of managing across multiple global locations, with a solid understanding of the challenges and benefits
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations
Category: Manager / Director - provided by Dice Analysis, Analytical Skills, Architecture, BI Tools, CISSP, Data Architecture, Development, Director, ISO, Lifecycle, Manager, Management, Metrics, Security
Keywords: MATRIX Resources, Inc., Irving , Managing Director / Director of Security Architecture & Implementation, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!