Posted on: May 18, 2019
What you'll be doing...
We work with lots of suppliers for equipment, construction,
software licenses, to maintenance and the Cloud---and each
relationship requires a contract that protects us both. That's
where you come in. You'll draft contracts and agreements ensuring
that our standard terms and conditions are met while balancing the
supplier's contractual needs. Working with our team of lawyers and
other supply chain specialists, you will create agreements that
enable us to acquire the products and services we need to run our
business and grow in a way that meets the needs of both our
business and the supplier.
- Drafting agreements with suppliers and advising team members on
- Collaborating with sourcing, business, and legal team members
on contract negotiations, rights and obligations, and Request for
- Reviewing supplier requests to alter terms and conditions,
assessing risk, and providing recommendations that protect our
- Addressing supplier questions, effectively resolving disputes,
and escalating when appropriate.
- Ensuring that contracts are up-to-date and have all the
What we're looking for...
While you can speak technical and legal jargon with the best of
them, you know how to take complex issues and explain them
succinctly and simply so that people can understand. You see legal
and contract matters through a business lens. Working well with
others of varied backgrounds and experiences comes easy to you-and
you seek to understand their interests and motivations to help
create the best mutual outcomes. People think of you as someone who
puts others at ease and knows how to create agreement among
parties. You also hold your ground on the non-negotiables.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six years of relevant work experience.
- Contract management or sourcing experience.
Even better if you have:
- Advanced degree. Ideally, a JD.
- Supply chain experience. Ideally, with technology, services,
- Experience negotiating and managing complex agreements with
significant budgets. Ideally, with suppliers.
- Strong relationship building, influencing, and negotiation
- Demonstrated communication skills - both verbal and
- Certifications from: Chartered Institute of Procurement and
Supply (CIPS), Institute of Supply Chain Management or equivalent
(CPSM, CPM), National Contract Management Association or equivalent
(CFCM, CCCM, CPCM), Project Management Institute (PMP), Lean Six
Sigma experience and/or certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Contract Manager, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!