Senior Manager - SOC Advisory Services
Posted on: May 19, 2019
What you'll be doing...
As a full-time member of the Verizon Enterprise Services security
team, the Senior Manager - ASOC PS Regional Lead will be
responsible for managing, driving, and coordinating the growth and
successful delivery of Verizon's Advanced Security Operations
Center (ASOC) business with new and existing customers in their
respective region. At the same time, this leadership position will
act as executive sponsor and escalation point for Verizon's ASOC
As our Senior Manager -SOC Advisory Services you will:
- Utilize your knowledge of the business and offering, team
player abilities, opportunity identification, people management,
relationship management, executive communication skills.
- Drive end-to-end pre-sales for Verizon's Advanced Security
Operations Center (ASOC) offering, supporting and driving
acquisition of new customers and renewal/expansion of existing
- In collaboration with peer leaders, standardize, align, and
mature Verizon's Advanced Security Operations Center (ASOC)
- Work across, and in coordination with, the various Verizon
teams to architect, develop and deliver best in class Advanced
Security Operations Center (ASOC) solutions for Verizon's
- Identify leads and opportunities for upsell and incremental
business of additional services from within Verizon's
- Establish and cultivate Executive Relationship with Verizon's
ASOC customers, including through the underlying Resident Executive
functions, to mature customer relationship.
- Act as an executive sponsor and escalation point for Verizon
ASOC customers in region.
- As regional leader, you are responsible for managing the
following functions in your region:
- Oversight of the ASOC security elements of the Customer
engagement, ensuring successful delivery of the functions and
contractual commitments within the engagement.
- Act as a facilitator for liaising between Verizon's security
functions and the customer, and act as a trusted security advisor
to varying levels of stakeholders at Customer.
- Work with Customer and Verizon stakeholders to contribute to
open actions and bring them to a close as needed.
- Drive innovation meetings with ASOC Customer stakeholders to
discuss emerging threats, new services, technology improvements,
and design maturation. Leverage customer feedback to drive
improvements across the offering.
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with ASOC Customer
stakeholders to identify and reset expectations where appropriate,
and adjust expectations within the confines of the existing ASOC
engagements should changes in business requirements, threat
landscape or other similar requirements so dictate.
- Lead and participate in presentations to ASOC Customer
stakeholders, including management and executives, on information
security topics and on-going engagement activities.
- Participate in meetings with other Verizon Security
Stakeholders (Professional Services and Operations teams), Sales
teams, Product Management on a regular basis to review on-going
issues, interaction points, activities and challenges for
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Information and/or Cyber Security.
- Industry security certification(s) such as CISSP, SANS, CISA,
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical space or experience in a
- Experience working with external clients in a Professional
Services type organization.
- 10+ years of recent experience in Information and/or Cyber
Security, preferably in a lead consulting, management, advisory or
- Consulting experience with one of the Big 5.
- Leadership or Build Out functions in Managed Security Services
and Professional Security Services.
- Strong ability to learn new offerings, technologies and
- Extensive client management experience.
- Detail oriented and ability to thrive in challenging
- Strong verbal, analytical, and written communication
- Demonstrable presentation skills
- Experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Ability to work independently and interdependently as
- Willingness to travel as necessary
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Senior Manager - SOC Advisory Services, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!