Director - Solutions Delivery & Support (Merchandising)
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Organizational UnitMichaels -> Information Systems -> DNU -
Business Relationships/IT SolutionsJob GradeLocationIrving, TX
75063 US (Primary)CategoryInformation SystemsJob DescriptionWhy
Work for Us?The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's
largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in
our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support
center work together to help our customers make creativity happen.
We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans,
tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a
wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores,
select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and
more.We are currently recruiting for a Director - Solutions
Delivery & Support located in our Support Center (Global
Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.What will you be doing?The
Director - Solutions Delivery & Support is accountable for all
aspects of the IT lifecycle for Merchandising area working with
Merchants, Space planners, Merch financial planners, Sourcing and
Product development, Pricing/promotion and Merch inventory
accounting. This position is the primary contact and liaison in
merchandising space for providing leadership in planning business
needs, roadmaps, solutions, and budgets for that department or
business function. This position will provide thought leadership
for the overall success and development of the program, as well as
assigned project managers and is the liaison between business
leaders and technical community.How will you do it?Business
Partnership, guidance and leadership in solutions delivery:
- Maintains close relationship with the business to understand
the strategy and related objectives
- Owns product lifecycle activities of the solutions in the
respective area, including solution architecture, buy/build
decisions, and enhance, upgrade, sunset decisions
- Plan and run overall governance and IT work intake process for
assigned business unit across the full range of IT solutions and
- Prioritize work with business partners and utilizing the
established governance process
- Helps business with design and optimization of business
- Gets results by acquiring appropriate internal or external
resources or products Solutions Visionary:
- Leads design of the Solution Roadmaps and acts as a visionary
of solutions in the respective functional area.? Must be in tune
with changes in business initiatives and directions and can
translate to changes in the Roadmaps and IT Initiatives.
? Team Building:
- Supports team members and empowers them so they can complete
their activities in timely manner and with quality.
- Builds teams that are effective, creative and generate positive
environments.? Promotes the success of others and constructively
resolves disagreements. Program/Portfolio Management
- Leads matrixed teams in the development of master plans that
model program commitments and timing.
- Assesses program requirements, while developing and
recommending a sound approach/application to meet the needs of the
program and client.?
- Ensures that program deliverables satisfy requirements.
- Coordinates resource usage by increasing or decreasing
resources to reflect program needs.
- Facilitates status review meetings among program team members
- Conducts Program status meetings with senior management.?
- Communicates program vision, goals, and objectives Solution
- Change agent to the business for needed system upgrades or
changes for assigned functional areas or business segments.
- Leads change management activities; conducts assessments and
participates in root cause analysis; prioritizes implementation
changes; provides change request approvals.
- Responsible for overall customer service levels and managing
and mitigating overall IT risk.
- Partners with business, other IT groups, and co-source partner
teams in Incident and Problem Management efforts. ? Other duties as
assignedJob RequirementsJob Requirements?
- BA or BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business Administration or Finance?
- 10+?years of experience in progressively responsible IT
positions; strong experience in merchandising area
- 5+ years implementing, supporting and enhancing Oracle retail
merchandising suite (RMS) for foundation retail data, inventory
flow & transaction tracking, stock ledger
- 3+ years with working on sourcing and product compliance, Space
Planning (CKB suite from JDA or equivalent), Merch Financial
planning systems (Oracle's MFP or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in large systems software installation,
maintenance, tuning, capacity planning and performance measurement,
hardware/software evaluation and selection, conversion and
- Strong experience in project planning and management
- Understanding of systems development life cycle including
issue, risk and scope management
- Retail system & business process experience
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience with managing both onshore and offshore
support & delivery teams
- Ability to build professional relationships at all levels
Keywords: Michaels, Irving , Director - Solutions Delivery & Support (Merchandising), Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!